• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Planning a trip from Cleveland to Seneca Lake in New York but it looks like very limited charging. Can you guys help me out with this?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Hello all. We are going on a 300 mile trip to New York and after using several apps, I'm confused as to the charge station options that are available on the route. A couple apps was telling me that there are no chargers that will get me there. This ABRP plan seems to work but do I need to wait until 18 percent SOC before I charge? I wanted to charge a little before then... or am I overthinking it?

BTW, I have a 2023 Lariat extra range battery.

Here is the ABRP plan.

Thanks.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=6bd3579f-8ff2-401c-96fe-6e4a36bfbef2
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You are overthinking it.

Here's what you need to change.

Leave house with 100%, not 90%. You will then have a first stop at 19% (per my settings on ABRP). Make sure to look that EA location up in PlugShare NOW, and then day of trip.

You can charge anytime you want to. There are multiple EAs on the route. Change your Charger Arrival SOC to 25% if you want and it will force a stop when you have 64% in Erie arrive with 18%. Change the arrival SOC to 30% and it will have you stop at the original stop in Olean.

Make sure you plan your return trip and leave with enough to get to the charger you need to use.

Ford F-150 Lightning Planning a trip from Cleveland to Seneca Lake in New York but it looks like very limited charging. Can you guys help me out with this? erie.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ok, you guys are right. I'm overthinking this.

Thanks so much!!

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If you have the Ford to Tesla charger adapter (or the A2Z adapter), there are large Tesla charging stations at Dunkirk and Batavia, NY. Also agree with Ricklightning, charge to 100% before leaving home.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
If you have the Ford to Tesla charger adapter (or the A2Z adapter), there are large Tesla charging stations at Dunkirk and Batavia, NY. Also agree with Ricklightning, charge to 100% before leaving home.

Yes, I have the A2Z adapter and I was looking for some Tesla chargers, but I can't seem to figure out some of these apps and these chargers. Thanks for pointing that out. ...I'm going to figure out these apps one day ha ha! :)

George D

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Retired
Don't feel bad about overthinking it. I've got my first real road trip coming up this week. West Tennessee to Asheville NC. I've spent more time than I really need to playing with all the apps and looking at all the charging options. One stop right in the middle should do it and maybe top off in Knoxville before I head into the mountains since I don't know how they will affect my range.
Looking forward to it but still can't help but be a little nervous for this first trip.

BarryGoyette

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Photographer
Yes, I have the A2Z adapter and I was looking for some Tesla chargers, but I can't seem to figure out some of these apps and these chargers. Thanks for pointing that out. ...I'm going to figure out these apps one day ha ha! :)
Get the Tesla app and add your Lightning to it. It will then only show you compatible chargers. It’s not a navigation tool but can link to your favorite map tool. On road trips I use Tesla almost exclusively as it’s generally lower stress than EA. I don’t know abrp but PlugShare will show you all the major stops including Tesla, although I’ve had a few glitches requiring cross referencing with the Tesla app. On a short trip like this, you don’t really need a route planner as it’s only 1 stop from 100%.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
FYI. Presque Isle in Erie, PA has free level 2 charging. Beach #8, if I remember correctly. The Walmart EV charging in Erie was always hit-or-miss.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
and, to add to some confusion, I've noticed that it's problematic to see TESLA Superchargers on the Navigation screen 'Charge Locations' menu, or search, or even the truck's new CHARGE APP(of course, you can't even USE this feature while in motion, crazy!)... all the while the Superchargers show JUST FINE on the Ford Pass App, if not actually automatically PREFERRED whenever you do a list or Map search.
Sponsored