• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Playing music off my truck

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Okay, I'm lame and I need help. I want to play music out of my truck. I plug in blue tooth speakers that I or my buddy can tap into. We plug the powered speakers into the back power. He connects to the speakers by Bluetooth and plays music, I keep the power on in the truck and after a few minutes, the power shuts off. Please advise
Sponsored

jcm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO [SQUISHED!] & 2nd Lightning PRO
At the moment, the truck needs to be on to use the bed outlets. That is about to change, Ford says that Pro Power will be available with the truck on or off, but right now this is how you use it.

To use the outlets in the back, start your F-150, then simply press the button that will be located next to your headlight control labeled Pro Power Onboard. Alternatively, you can use the Ford infotainment system by pressing “Features” on the touchscreen followed by “Pro Power Mode”

https://www.windsorford.com/how-to-use-pro-power-onboard/

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
In addition you will need to go into the Sync Screen and turn off the auto shutoff. Otherwise the truck will turn itself off after 30mins.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This, and other interesting topics, are in the manual.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
simply press the button that will be located next to your headlight control labeled Pro Power Onboard.
Do you mind sharing a photo of yours? I can’t find it in my Pro.

Sponsored

jcm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck doesn't have a button. I have to use the touchscreen controls.

Ford F-150 Lightning Playing music off my truck IMG_4106

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
There is also a physical power button next to the outlets.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Okay, I'm lame and I need help. I want to play music out of my truck. I plug in blue tooth speakers that I or my buddy can tap into. We plug the powered speakers into the back power. He connects to the speakers by Bluetooth and plays music, I keep the power on in the truck and after a few minutes, the power shuts off. Please advise
Are you playing Bluetooth speakers directly from the truck, or just powering the speakers?

OP
OP

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Yes, my truck doesn't have a Pro Power button either. I tried to search Pro Power in Owners manual and found nothing. (Search engine on owners manual sucks IMHO). However, i did find the Pro Power on my home screen. I accessed it and see where i have to enable power to the back or front outlets. In addition, the control on it is by mileage remaining for shut off. I dont see anywhere to turn off "after 30 minutes". (Agai, cant find a "Sync Screen" and search manual doesnt find it. And YES, I am trying to access powered speakers by Bluetooth with my Android which is also my car key. So that's another issue. The truck won't let me stay connected to the Bluetooth Speakers. I'm guessing I have to remove my phone from the truck? Thanks for all your guidance.

Ford F-150 Lightning Playing music off my truck 20240422_065324

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, my truck doesn't have a Pro Power button either. I tried to search Pro Power in Owners manual and found nothing. (Search engine on owners manual sucks IMHO). However, i did find the Pro Power on my home screen. I accessed it and see where i have to enable power to the back or front outlets. In addition, the control on it is by mileage remaining for shut off. I dont see anywhere to turn off "after 30 minutes". (Agai, cant find a "Sync Screen" and search manual doesnt find it. And YES, I am trying to access powered speakers by Bluetooth with my Android which is also my car key. So that's another issue. The truck won't let me stay connected to the Bluetooth Speakers. I'm guessing I have to remove my phone from the truck? Thanks for all your guidance.
The power down timer is for the vehicle itself, not ProPower. Look under “Vehicle” in settings. Power down timer is at the top.

jcm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, that's a Pro, built in 10/23 I believe. I could swear that my earlier Pro (build date 12/22) had a button, but I don't have any pictures of the lower dash in that one.
Sponsored

Last edited: