PSA: Fast Charging derating significantly on hot days

OP
OP

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
Interesting. That's 2 data points (including mine) with a bad schrader valve for the Max Tow AC.

My dealer had trouble finding the leak initially, before finally locating it at the schrader valve. So for folks with low freon in the Max Tow AC system (which leads to the battery overheating during fast charging), might want the dealer to check/replace the schrader valves (my defective valve was on the high side of the AC system).

NAVEWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USAF Navigator/Electronic Warfare Officer
Interesting. That's 2 data points (including mine) with a bad schrader valve for the Max Tow AC.

My dealer had trouble finding the leak initially, before finally locating it at the schrader valve. So for folks with low freon in the Max Tow AC system (which leads to the battery overheating during fast charging), might want the dealer to check/replace the schrader valves (my defective valve was on the high side of the AC system).
For my part my thanks to you and this forum for giving me the information to take to the dealer. The technician reported finding "oil" on the high side caps. They found the system to be "low" and said it was not that bad...of course since it was leaking...it was certainly not going to get better on its own. Thanks for your post!
Sponsored