• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
You have all those updates already. The SoC in the IPC is the only one that you'd be missing and nothing you can do but wait for Ford to release it for your VIN if that's the case.

That I know, no F150/Lightning has gotten 6.14.0 via OTA nor has an APIM after been released in FDRS that brings the Sync version past 23291.
Oh damn I must be overthinking it lol...lemme see if I can understand this. The IT/Research Project Manager in me is coming out it seems!

Ok, understood for the SoC IPC - the benefit of that one is that it's easily verifiable if you have it or not, as it can be seen on the cluster in everyday usage.

But for the others - when you say I "have all those updates already" - if I (or you in FDRS) can't see what historically has been updated how do we know? Is it because they aren't "released" or in a queue for my VIN in FDRS?

Only issue I see with that would be that if Ford hasn't "released" them for my VIN in the first place, then we'd never know if I'm getting it tomorrow or next year, or, more importantly, already have it.

Slightly off topic, but IMO FDRS (at minimum) should show the following:
  • Applicable to VIN
  • Released to VIN
  • Completed
Could be all in the same screen by means of column usage.

For the 6.14.0 one, since it hasn't been made available to F150s/Lightnings...yet I made note of updates from those very release notes that are now present:
  • Sketch app changing location
  • USB/BT media apps being merged together
These are the only changes that I could easily verify to have occurred before and after FSE visit.

Does that mean that portions of updates (like chunks of this 6.14.0) can be delivered via other means (in my case a FSE doing everything under the sun)? Or combined with APIM updates, etc?

I guess it boils down to: how do I have some pieces of the 6.14.0 update, without getting the 6.14.0 update?
Sponsored

Wendy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Saab 96 (dead), Silverado (squished), F150 L
Hi Javier, thanks for this service :)
I would like to know about any pending updates (saw a mention of WAL option on an update).
1FTVW1EVXPWG25768
Hi, have you had a chance to check this one yet?

mgmessner89

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning SR
1FTVW1EL2PWG42594

Thank you much, really appreciate it

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Must have missed it. WAL comes with the latest BCM update. You do have one showing. You trruck is on Sync 23159 which is not the latest version, so it may be a while before this update comes in for you. Your list is below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722639395704-q2

1FTVW1EL2PWG42594

Thank you much, really appreciate it
Just like above, your truck is on Sync 23159 which is one version behind the latest. Pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722639490439-bz

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Oh damn I must be overthinking it lol...lemme see if I can understand this. The IT/Research Project Manager in me is coming out it seems!

Ok, understood for the SoC IPC - the benefit of that one is that it's easily verifiable if you have it or not, as it can be seen on the cluster in everyday usage.

But for the others - when you say I "have all those updates already" - if I (or you in FDRS) can't see what historically has been updated how do we know? Is it because they aren't "released" or in a queue for my VIN in FDRS?

Only issue I see with that would be that if Ford hasn't "released" them for my VIN in the first place, then we'd never know if I'm getting it tomorrow or next year, or, more importantly, already have it.

Slightly off topic, but IMO FDRS (at minimum) should show the following:
  • Applicable to VIN
  • Released to VIN
  • Completed
Could be all in the same screen by means of column usage.

For the 6.14.0 one, since it hasn't been made available to F150s/Lightnings...yet I made note of updates from those very release notes that are now present:
  • Sketch app changing location
  • USB/BT media apps being merged together
These are the only changes that I could easily verify to have occurred before and after FSE visit.

Does that mean that portions of updates (like chunks of this 6.14.0) can be delivered via other means (in my case a FSE doing everything under the sun)? Or combined with APIM updates, etc?

I guess it boils down to: how do I have some pieces of the 6.14.0 update, without getting the 6.14.0 update?
It is up to date because if not, it would should pending updates. That's how I know you have the Tesla update and all the other ones. How I can tell you this in your case is based on experience dealing with these things and helping people for years now. I know which updates/modules get left behind on which modules and there are key things I look for that tell me this.

Partial updates are not possible as far as I know. Keep in mind that the F150/Lightning module architecture is very similar, but the Mach E is different. Also, Ford is known for not having the most informative or accurate release notes in the updates. You cannot guide yourself completely by the release notes of a Mach E update and assume it will transfer over exactly to that same numerical version of the update on a different Sync 4 vehicle. 6.14.0 may have very different release notes whenever it makes it's way to us.

Sponsored

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
It's been awhile, but somewhat curious. I've started getting updates.

1FTVW1EVXPWG16326

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is up to date because if not, it would should pending updates. That's how I know you have the Tesla update and all the other ones. How I can tell you this in your case is based on experience dealing with these things and helping people for years now. I know which updates/modules get left behind on which modules and there are key things I look for that tell me this.

Partial updates are not possible as far as I know. Keep in mind that the F150/Lightning module architecture is very similar, but the Mach E is different. Also, Ford is known for not having the most informative or accurate release notes in the updates. You cannot guide yourself completely by the release notes of a Mach E update and assume it will transfer over exactly to that same numerical version of the update on a different Sync 4 vehicle. 6.14.0 may have very different release notes whenever it makes it's way to us.
Ah okay I think that clears most of it up for me. Wow I feel dumb lol.

Based on what I've read all through these forums I (foolishly) assumed there was no distinction in FDRS between an update that is "applicable" to a given vehicle and an update that is "released/sent" to that same given vehicle - I thought it was just listed as the same thing.

And noted on the 6.14.0 stuff - I assume I should take that GitHub page with a heaping grain of salt if it was incorrect about 6.14.0 being applied to the Lightnings as well?
Wonder how much other stuff is incorrect on it lol.

Just a general FDRS question - in the UPDATE AVAILABLE column, does the green dot simply mean that the update has been "released" for you? And if there's no green dot, it can be updated, but that it has NOT been "released" to you?

Thanks again for clearing everything up for me!

mgmessner89

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning SR
Must have missed it. WAL comes with the latest BCM update. You do have one showing. You trruck is on Sync 23159 which is not the latest version, so it may be a while before this update comes in for you. Your list is below:

1722639395704-q2.png

Just like above, your truck is on Sync 23159 which is one version behind the latest. Pending updates are below:

1722639490439-bz.png
Thanks you so much, looks like my truck and ford have some talking to do. Do you have a tip jar or Patreon? I really do appreciate it.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Ah okay I think that clears most of it up for me. Wow I feel dumb lol.

Based on what I've read all through these forums I (foolishly) assumed there was no distinction in FDRS between an update that is "applicable" to a given vehicle and an update that is "released/sent" to that same given vehicle - I thought it was just listed as the same thing.

And noted on the 6.14.0 stuff - I assume I should take that GitHub page with a heaping grain of salt if it was incorrect about 6.14.0 being applied to the Lightnings as well?
Wonder how much other stuff is incorrect on it lol.

Just a general FDRS question - in the UPDATE AVAILABLE column, does the green dot simply mean that the update has been "released" for you? And if there's no green dot, it can be updated, but that it has NOT been "released" to you?

Thanks again for clearing everything up for me!
The Github OTA list is a good effort by OTA observer volunteers to keep track of updates as they come out, but there are gaps.

In FDRS if an available update is listed as available, it's for that VIN. Specifically for that VIN.

The Mach-E OTA known as 6.14 that brought Sync 1122 with the new UI icons and some other items may not also show up on the Lightning as 6.14. It could have a different designation. Regardless, there won't be any new Sync rolling out until a new GWM (gateway) update shows up first. That GWM update is also what's holding up FSA 23B57.

The FDRS team often posts updates to the available software list for application before they are selected to be sent out by a completely separate OTA team. And many times there are updates posted to FDRS that never seem to ever be sent out as OTAs.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks you so much, looks like my truck and ford have some talking to do. Do you have a tip jar or Patreon? I really do appreciate it.
I appreciate the gesture, but I don't accept compensation for what I do. Feel free to donate something to St. Jude's or the charity of your choice instead.

Sponsored

Eww7633

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
1FTVW1EVXPWG27360

thanks in advance. Dealer is telling me no updates are available and I’m certain they arent being truthful. I’d love to be able to tell them that I know they’re not telling the truth.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTVW1EVXPWG27360

thanks in advance. Dealer is telling me no updates are available and I’m certain they arent being truthful. I’d love to be able to tell them that I know they’re not telling the truth.
I don't think they're lying. They are telling you what any customer-facing employee who has to provide (superficially) good customer service will tell you. They are saying you are up to date because Ford does not pay dealer to perform module updates just because they have updates pending. Ford only pays them when the updates satisfies a recall or needs to be done to fix something. With that said, you truck is on the latest Sync version and not behind at all.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1722694222191-7q

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Github OTA list is a good effort by OTA observer volunteers to keep track of updates as they come out, but there are gaps.

In FDRS if an available update is listed as available, it's for that VIN. Specifically for that VIN.

The Mach-E OTA known as 6.14 that brought Sync 1122 with the new UI icons and some other items may not also show up on the Lightning as 6.14. It could have a different designation. Regardless, there won't be any new Sync rolling out until a new GWM (gateway) update shows up first. That GWM update is also what's holding up FSA 23B57.

The FDRS team often posts updates to the available software list for application before they are selected to be sent out by a completely separate OTA team. And many times there are updates posted to FDRS that never seem to ever be sent out as OTAs.
Gotcha, I understand now - updates can be cross-model and also not cross-model even containing similar updates/changes/fixes with a different designation altogether.

And speaking of the CSP 23B57...did it get done on my vehicle? I remember when I bought it (June) they mentioned I'd need it and that it was coming sometime in 2024 but they didn't know when.

When @rugedraw checked on mine the other day everything was updated, so I assume the FSE did it? I noticed it's now gone in my Ford Account page when before it was definitely there.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Gotcha, I understand now - updates can be cross-model and also not cross-model even containing similar updates/changes/fixes with a different designation altogether.

And speaking of the CSP 23B57...did it get done on my vehicle? I remember when I bought it (June) they mentioned I'd need it and that it was coming sometime in 2024 but they didn't know when.

When @rugedraw checked on mine the other day everything was updated, so I assume the FSE did it? I noticed it's now gone in my Ford Account page when before it was definitely there.
Your warranty history says it was performed on 6 March along with the BMS sensor replacement.

The only update you show available in FDRS is a TCU update.

AzureLightning

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi! How about 1FTVW1EV6PWG59027? Been a struggle…
Sponsored