• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Can I get an update on mine now that some updates were completed?

1FT6W1EV3PWG50077
Sponsored

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can I get an update on mine now that some updates were completed?

1FT6W1EV3PWG50077
Only showing a BCM update, but you're not on the latest Sync. Seems like your truck is affected by an issue where the next update you need to fully update the APIM/GWM/TCU modules does not show for you. It is unknown if this is on purpose from Ford's side or if it is due to an issue they need to address.

Larry_23Lightning

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi all,

Was hoping I could get a VIN check on a Ford a Lightning I've only owned for about a month. I was working with Ford and they did have me take it in to the dealer to have Sync updated. it's now on version 4.0.23291. I was told it has no other updates to be applied by the dealer.

VIN: 1FT6W1EV5PWG05271

Thanks,

Larry

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi all,

Was hoping I could get a VIN check on a Ford a Lightning I've only owned for about a month. I was working with Ford and they did have me take it in to the dealer to have Sync updated. it's now on version 4.0.23291. I was told it has no other updates to be applied by the dealer.

VIN: 1FT6W1EV5PWG05271

Thanks,

Larry
You are on the latest Sync, but as expected as has happened to 99% of the people who ask dealer to update everything, that was not done. Ford does not pay dealers to do module updates just because they are not up to date and nobody likes to work for free. Dealers only get paid to do updates if there is a recall tied to the update or the update will fix a problem the vehicle has. They did do a GWM and APIM update which got you to the latest Sync version you are now on, but they did not do ALL updates.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1723072176536-ur

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Only showing a BCM update, but you're not on the latest Sync. Seems like your truck is affected by an issue where the next update you need to fully update the APIM/GWM/TCU modules does not show for you. It is unknown if this is on purpose from Ford's side or if it is due to an issue they need to address.
Thank you. Hopefully those updates will get dropped for me soon. Thanks again!

Sponsored

Larry_23Lightning

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
You are on the latest Sync, but as expected as has happened to 99% of the people who ask dealer to update everything, that was not done. Ford does not pay dealers to do module updates just because they are not up to date and nobody likes to work for free. Dealers only get paid to do updates if there is a recall tied to the update or the update will fix a problem the vehicle has. They did do a GWM and APIM update which got you to the latest Sync version you are now on, but they did not do ALL updates.
Thanks for the quick reply. So looking at the list of items to be updated, do you think they'll get updated on their own? Would you recommend getting on the list for the Mongoose cable and doing the updates myself? To me the TCU is probably the biggest concern, could it prevent OTA updates going forward?

Thanks,
Larry

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for the quick reply. So looking at the list of items to be updated, do you think they'll get updated on their own? Would you recommend getting on the list for the Mongoose cable and doing the updates myself? To me the TCU is probably the biggest concern, could it prevent OTA updates going forward?

Thanks,
Larry
All the updates there will come OTA except the IPMA/PSCM updates that are not being sent out OTA yet.

The TCU can be updated OTA and the fact that is not up to date is not preventing updates.

I recommend you wait for Ford to release the powertrain updates for these trucks before you update yourself. A few members here in the waiting list passed when their turn came waiting for those so they can do everything at once.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Hello again! 6.8 finally showed up for me today. Can you check my VIN to see what else Ford may be showing for my truck now? Thanks!

1FT6W1EV9PWG51864

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hello again! 6.8 finally showed up for me today. Can you check my VIN to see what else Ford may be showing for my truck now? Thanks!

1FT6W1EV9PWG51864
Awesome! You are only showing a BCM and ACM update pending. The ACM is known for not coming off the list after it is applied, so you only need the BCM OTA to be fully up to date now.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome! You are only showing a BCM and ACM update pending. The ACM is known for not coming off the list after it is applied, so you only need the BCM OTA to be fully up to date now.
Awesome! The 23B57 CSP is still showing on my FordPass. Should I also have a BECM update pending? Or does that not show while Ford has them on “hold”?

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Awesome! The 23B57 CSP is still showing on my FordPass. Should I also have a BECM update pending? Or does that not show while Ford has them on “hold”?
If you updated the BECM yourself, then it will still show open because only the dealer can clear that out from the system. My truck still shows 21G01 for BC programming open and I've had BC for years at this point.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1723145641136-57

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you updated the BECM yourself, then it will still show open because only the dealer can clear that out from the system. My truck still shows 21G01 for BC programming open and I've had BC for years at this point.

1723145641136-57.png
Makes sense! Are you able to see if I did that one myself? I updated so much that I can’t remember what all I did lol.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Makes sense! Are you able to see if I did that one myself? I updated so much that I can’t remember what all I did lol.
These are the ones you did. BECM is not there.
Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1723146205484-k

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I just bought a new 2023 VIN 1FTVW1EL7PWG58631 I would be especially interested in any info on the Control Module BECM status. I received the notice on the FordPass app to take it in to the dealer for the 23B57 update. The dealer kept it a full day only to tell me they couldn't do it and couldn't really tell me why. Thanks!
Sponsored