Rear Park Assist and Parking Brake after Forscan changes

TheBertShow

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB
Having a rather odd situation come up after doing some forscan changes: glare free headlights, DRL brightness increase and that new B&O equalizer system (that doesn't actually do anything lol).

Every time I start the truck and then back up, I get a message that the Rear Park Assist is off. Then when I park, the parking brake automatically engages (totally flat surfaces).

Not really huge deals, but minor inconveniences. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and any easy fixes? It's not enough of a headache to start over from scratch with Forscan, but if there were any easy fixes out there I'd appreciate it!
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I find it very easy using Forscan to choose the wrong address or pick the wrong byte to change. You just need to revert back to your backup and start over. You can also compare your current config with your backup to see if you indeed made the correct changes. I use As-Built Explorer. Concentrate on the module that controls Park Assist and parking brake (I don't know which one that may be).