• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Parking/park assist?

OP
OP

reffahcs

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
That will be sad. I use the keypad every day, multiple times. I use it to lock it. I always leave the key in the vehicle. Actually, I have never taken it out in a year but maybe once when following instructions to get updates to work, but, the updates work fine with the key in it and unlocked. I'm betting a lot of folks don't know they can lock it by pushing the bottom 2 buttons.
Maybe I'm missing something since I'm late to the part, but leaving the key in your car doesn't seem like a great idea? I would figure most people would want their keyfob as far away as possible from their vehicles? Thinking about all the RF replay attacks on cars and "key present" detection? But then again, maybe it doesn't matter if Ford didn't build any protection against this stuff.
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I don't use this feature every day, but I do like it. I do like how it's implemented on MME better. The keypad is invisible until you actually use it.
Different strokes I guess, but I much prefer the physical, tactile buttons. It makes accurately finding and using the buttons just more pleasant.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
There is no remote park feature. It's in the original owners manual but not in the trucks.

Park assist is for parallel parking and allegedly works well but as said above, a little quick.
Does anyone know WHY the Lightning doesn't come with Remote Parking? This truck is a technological marvel, it seems strange this one thing isn't included. I wonder if it could be give to us with an OTA update?