• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Resideo partnership.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
This would definitely increase the amount of charge/discharge cycles.

I would consider putting a grid integration system in but definitely would not pay for one.

It's a step in the right direction, however, this immensely benefits the grid operator to a point where they will abuse it.

OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I get your opinion. But my question was has anybody heard anything since?

Nikola 369

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I get your opinion. But my question was has anybody heard anything since?
The interface standard was pushed back to first half of 2025. I read an article the other day the only setup in the country is being done with 3-4 lightning owners. I don’t remember where exactly, but back east. The test was being done by utility company for their benefit. Several companies are getting ready to offer equipment for this purpose, but have to wait on regulations and completed standard. I have a solar system from Enphase and they will offer one next year. Works with all the equipment I already have for V2H or V2G

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
@Pitbull2o08. There is a typo in your title. It's "Resideo." BTW, they are a spin-off from Honeywell, AFAIK. I have a Resideo water leak detector and my Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostats now show up in the Resideo app on my smartphone.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thread title fixed.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Ford might be the worst company in the world at managing expectations. Nobody in their PR department has ever heard the phrase, "under promise, over deliver." Or maybe they forgot to take notes in COM 101 and thought the phrase was, "send out a press release every time an executive has an idea."

OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
@Pitbull2o08. There is a typo in your title. It's "Resideo." BTW, they are a spin-off from Honeywell, AFAIK. I have a Resideo water leak detector and my Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostats now show up in the Resideo app on my smartphone.
Didn’t I spell it right in the subject? I was having phone issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The interface standard was pushed back to first half of 2025. I read an article the other day the only setup in the country is being done with 3-4 lightning owners. I don’t remember where exactly, but back east. The test was being done by utility company for their benefit. Several companies are getting ready to offer equipment for this purpose, but have to wait on regulations and completed standard. I have a solar system from Enphase and they will offer one next year. Works with all the equipment I already have for V2H or V2G
What interface is pushed back to 2025? Do you mind providing a source? ISO 15118-20 has already been approved. Maybe you mean a UL 1741 SC?

Nikola 369

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Sales Engineer
What interface is pushed back to 2025? Do you mind providing a source? ISO 15118-20 has already been approved. Maybe you mean a UL 1741 SC?
I’m not in the industry and don’t follow the code and updates daily. V2H is mostly done and several companies are allowing this to happen. I think it gets much more complicated if Solar and or batteries are involved. Several states, likely pushed by utility companies, aren’t allowing V2H yet.
i think the largest problem centers around the V2G and this involves the ISO 15118 std you brought up. There is a tremendous amount of cooperation that is needed and it involves let’s see: utilities, state & federal government, NEC, and that’s just in this country. The standard they are trying to achieve will be recognized worldwide. We can already see the size of this challenge with something as simple as the charging plug. We have Chademo, NACS, CCS1 & 2, not sure if I left one out here.
Bottom line, in a quick search to answer your question, I found no less then 5 std’s between UL & ISO just to do V2G. It’s not as simple as just match the grid and supply power. How do you meter it, how do you charge/ pay for it, i think you can how to it to infinity when you have this many groups wanting to make sure their interests are covered and not infringed upon.
This is why it didn’t happen in Q1 of 2024 as planned. So, pushed to first half of 2025 and by that statement alone, makes me think could be longer.
Sponsored