OP

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
That's it! Nicely done. BTW, it's page 349 in the 2022 manual. The only strange thing is that I'm not trying to connect to a trailer. It must just be there all of the time?

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
When enabled, it seems to engage the parking brake automatically when put into park, whether shifting from reverse to park or drive to park.
Edit: is there a way to make it remember the setting? It reset on the next drive cycle

Last edited:

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
It appears to be only for the current key cycle. I wish that this was an option to always engage the parking brake when putting into Park.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It appears to be only for the current key cycle. I wish that this was an option to always engage the parking brake when putting into Park.
If the Lightning uses the same logic as the Mach-E, it will automatically engage the parking brake when needed (when you shift to “P” in a steepish grade). You should get a message announcing the fact. I’ll try to find a hill and test this with my truck.

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
If the Lightning uses the same logic as the Mach-E, it will automatically engage the parking brake when needed (when you shift to “P” in a steepish grade). You should get a message announcing the fact. I’ll try to find a hill and test this with my truck.
Yes, it does it on a grade. My Explorer does it regardless of the grade.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My driveway is sloped. It does set the parking brake every time I park in the driveway.

Defiant81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Lightning
I noticed over the last few days mine is not showing up anymore.. anyone else have this issue?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Electronic Park Hold
When enabled, it seems to engage the parking brake automatically when put into park, whether shifting from reverse to park or drive to park.
Edit: is there a way to make it remember the setting? It reset on the next drive cycle
Ford F-150 Lightning Reverse camera hand with P symbol Electronic Park Hold to automatically set the parking brake, use camera button and hand symbol

That would be a great feature for me as I always set the parking brake manually to stop the rolling.
Then Ford needs to get rid of the "Full View not Available" block on the rear camera view! Stupid!
@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited: