• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shudder when I hit bumps

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Every time I hit a bump at low speed I feel little shake in the front end of my Lightning. I don’t get any shimmy or bouncing going down the highway so I don’t think it’s ball joints or something like that. I’m kind of thinking it’s just soft bushings but I don’t remember the front end shaking when the truck was newer.

Is there something loose in the front end of my Lightning or have I just become more sensitive? Have any of you felt the little shake in the front end? Is this normal or should I be worried?
Sponsored

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
I would listen to my instincts for sure. I can't say I feel anything shaking around on mine which is more or less right off the lot.

Rule out the basics - junk in the frunk rolling around loose, rocks in the rims, etc., but if those are ruled out I'd not hesitate to take it in to the dealer or a tire/suspension shop.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Every time I hit a bump at low speed I feel little shake in the front end of my Lightning. I don’t get any shimmy or bouncing going down the highway so I don’t think it’s ball joints or something like that. I’m kind of thinking it’s just soft bushings but I don’t remember the front end shaking when the truck was newer.

Is there something loose in the front end of my Lightning or have I just become more sensitive? Have any of you felt the little shake in the front end? Is this normal or should I be worried?
Hello there. I would like to take a closer look at your shaking concerns. To get started, can you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Desensitization? Take a ride in an ICE truck then see if you still think there's a shudder with your Lightning. If you do, something is loose or broken.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I think I experience that too, almost like you can feel it in the accelerator pedal. I just figure it's normal.

Sponsored

scottmac2000

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning. 2023 Mache GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2023 Lariat Ext range. I have noticed a slight vibration once in awhile when hitting the lane markers. It is almost like a resonance. It goes away quickIt is nothing that a passenger would feel.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2023 Lariat Ext range. I have noticed a slight vibration once in awhile when hitting the lane markers. It is almost like a resonance. It goes away quickIt is nothing that a passenger would feel.
Hey, Scott! I can take a closer look into your shuddering concerns should you need further assistance. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location and I'll get right on it! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

OP
OP

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
The Ford dealer said they couldn’t find anything wrong with the suspension. Maybe this Texas heat is making the bushings soft. Anyway I’m not going worry about it anymore unless it gets a lot worse.
Sponsored