• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sirius XM no longer showing song and artist

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but my 12" display is no longer showing song titles or artist names.

I've tried resetting it using the right skip and power button method. It reboots, but the information is still missing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sirius XM no longer showing song and artist IMG_3078
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I would call sxm and have them push to your unit.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I would call sxm and have them push to your unit.
I didn't realize they had any direct connection to what is displayed. I assumed that change was from a Ford update.

The funny thing is I do see the song name in the tiny box on the screen above the steering wheel, but nowhere else. I even see the album most of the time.

I'll give it a try. Hopefully I won't be on hold for a long time trying to get through. Tech support calls are never a priority for companies these days.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I used their website to send reset signals 3 days in a row and it didn't work.

I'm thinking it's going to need some sort of SYNC reset. I already tried the soft reset holding skip right and power until it reboots, so it's going to need something else. I'll try reaching out to @Ford next.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Is voice feedback available on the 12", I recall that it might not be in prior posts.
If it is use it to send them feedback, otherwise report to Ford Customer Service Phone or Web chat.

I wonder if this is affecting the ICE 12" screens too, have you looked at the sister site?
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/for...s-fordpass-bluecruise-driving-aids-cameras.9/
Good catch!

Yes. It looks like it's happening to the 12" ICE systems too:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ford-power-up-6-3-0-sync-version-23291.20574/page-12

StickyWicket

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
Good catch!

Yes. It looks like it's happening to the 12" ICE systems too:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ford-power-up-6-3-0-sync-version-23291.20574/page-12
Hi - I am having this exact same issue. My car was glitching out one morning and the screen would not turn on - kept boot looping the grille/intro video from when you enter the vehicle. When it eventually turned on, my Sirius screen does not show the song and other parts of the screen are misaligned. From what I read on the Gen14 forum this is due to only certain files/packages downloading?

Have you managed to get this fixed, and if so, how? This and the “front sensor blocked” issues are driving me a little crazy.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi - I am having this exact same issue. My car was glitching out one morning and the screen would not turn on - kept boot looping the grille/intro video from when you enter the vehicle. When it eventually turned on, my Sirius screen does not show the song and other parts of the screen are misaligned. From what I read on the Gen14 forum this is due to only certain files/packages downloading?

Have you managed to get this fixed, and if so, how? This and the “front sensor blocked” issues are driving me a little crazy.
My truck has been at the dealer for nearly a month, but it definitely still had the issue when I used it last.

I know for sure this was isolated to 12" screens for ICE too, and I'm guessing there will eventually be an update that fixes it.

StickyWicket

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
My truck has been at the dealer for nearly a month, but it definitely still had the issue when I used it last.

I know for sure this was isolated to 12" screens for ICE too, and I'm guessing there will eventually be an update that fixes it.
Oh no - sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have bigger fish to fry, but hoping you will get it back very soon…I did reach out to that person on the F150 Gen14 forum who was helping others with this Sirius issue and he confirmed my truck only partially downloaded the OTA which made the display act all funky.

He gave me all the files to correct the APIM. I just had to load onto a USB thumb drive, plug it into the car, follow the on screen prompts, and it updated and corrected the issue.

Good luck!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Oh no - sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have bigger fish to fry, but hoping you will get it back very soon…I did reach out to that person on the F150 Gen14 forum who was helping others with this Sirius issue and he confirmed my truck only partially downloaded the OTA which made the display act all funky.

He gave me all the files to correct the APIM. I just had to load onto a USB thumb drive, plug it into the car, follow the on screen prompts, and it updated and corrected the issue.

Good luck!!!!
Still no word from the dealer, but they're approaching the 30 day mark, so they're pretty obligated to set things straight or I can make a Lemon Law claim because it's under 18,000 miles.

Hopefully the SiriusXM problem will be fixed by another OTA update, or I'll definitely want to learn more about that USB fix.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Song titles and artist names are still now showing up after all these months. I was hoping there would be an OTA update to fix this.

Does anyone know specific steps I can take to update my Sync system to fix this?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I've searched all over there and on the ICE forums and there doesn't seem to be any specific DIY updates mentioned,.

However I remember finding an ICE thread months ago that mentioned something about asking somebody over there for a USB image to push an update, but I didn't try it at the time because I read it while my truck was in the shop for over a month.

Perhaps @Ford Motor Company has an answer.
Sponsored