• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sport Mode

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It is a feature that is coming. They are working on it and it will be released when it is/they are ready.
Sponsored

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We're talking about a company that put a physical knob on a touch screen. I don't think we should have very high expectations for decent software design if they can't even design sane hardware.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
On my last road trip, I found Sport Mode gave me the best efficiency. Is that possible? SeeMs counterintuitive.

Same for me, I get about a 5-10% improvement on mi/kWh in Sport mode for same driving section and conditions. I'm actually glad it diverts back to Normal Mode so when my Wife and Son drive its not in Sport Mode by default :teehee:

magic_

First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning plat
I literally stopped using sport mode altogether because it really is a pain to go through that process every time I started the truck. It's absurd anyone thinks the drive mode resetting on every start up should be acceptable. Until people clamor enough Ford will do nothing to fix it.

The problem appears that most people are ok with dealing with garbage software, either because they don't realize things should be better or "they didnt buy the truck for software" .

I wish folks would be more vocal and express frustrations in a way that could get ford to actually move. Also why in sport mode does the wheel get harder to turn, that imo should be decoupled from the mode and a separate steering effort option should be available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Same for me, I get about a 5-10% improvement on mi/kWh in Sport mode for same driving section and conditions. I'm actually glad it diverts back to Normal Mode so when my Wife and Son drive its not in Sport Mode by default :teehee:
When your wife drives, her profile will determine mode.

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The problem appears that most people are ok with dealing with garbage software, either because they don't realize things should be better or "they didnt buy the truck for software" .

I wish folks would be more vocal and express frustrations in a way that could get ford to actually move. Also why in sport mode does the wheel get harder to turn, that imo should be decoupled from the mode and a separate steering effort option should be available.
I don't think being vocal will do anything to fix already released models. We know they're going to cut Sync loose going forward. The best we can hope for is software that doesn't randomly crash.
Sponsored