• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stolen Spare Tire - Two Questions

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Thanks. Now that I know this is a thing I’ll be installing the lock in the access point and installing a combo lock. Seems like overkill but I think this may be a future issue for F150 owners that want a spare if the newer models are coming with it optionally.
FYI I did the same (got a full size spare wheel on EBay, used an extra full-use tire I had) and when ordering the lock, I made sure the dealership service techs ordered the one that they then keyed to my fob's skeleton key. There are two lock versions (i.e. two distinct part numbers), one with a separate new key and other one they can repin to match your center-cut key, and I wasn't about to have a loose unique key rolling around to then get lost.

In this related thread below, about halfway down, member AMinorJourney lists the two separate part numbers for the two versions of the lock (with a new key, and with Your key):
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...to-protect-my-full-use-spare-oem-wheel.21413/
Sponsored

Last edited:

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
My 2024 Lightning Flash came with a spare. It is not listed on the window sticker as either standard equipment or as an included option.