Stop andoid auto from connecting automaticalty

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Android Auto is great, except for it's colossal drain the phone battery. I will use it on long distance trips but I do not need it for local stuff which is 98% of my driving. The Ford built in navigation is fine. I had figured out how to eliminate the auto connection, but then I made a long distance trip and turned in on again. Now I can't get it to NOT automatically start.

The AA setting in the truck do no have a startup setting for CONNECT MANUALLY or DO NOT CONNECT, but only A: automatically connect, B Connect if used on the last drive, or C: default (car default) I have selected "car default" but it still connects every time. I've change the settings from my phone but can't shut it off.

There is a lot more I could add but I'm tired of typing Has anyone else figured this out?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Try disabling the Projection feature on the Sync screen
Try adjusting your phones wifi settings related the Project SSID, disable auto-reconnect.

Last edited:

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Android Auto is great, except for it's colossal drain the phone battery. I will use it on long distance trips but I do not need it for local stuff which is 98% of my driving. The Ford built in navigation is fine. I had figured out how to eliminate the auto connection, but then I made a long distance trip and turned in on again. Now I can't get it to NOT automatically start.

The AA setting in the truck do no have a startup setting for CONNECT MANUALLY or DO NOT CONNECT, but only A: automatically connect, B Connect if used on the last drive, or C: default (car default) I have selected "car default" but it still connects every time. I've change the settings from my phone but can't shut it off.

There is a lot more I could add but I'm tired of typing Has anyone else figured this out?

You can change the settings in Sync to not do the WiFi AndroidAuto and rather only do wired android auto. That is what I did for my iPhone and wireless CarPlay.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Disable the app.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
The battery drain source is google maps. I hate to lose the music streaming from several apps I have on my phone. I use them often. I'll poke around some android forums Thanks for all the suggestions. I won't be able to look at it again for a few days.

Sponsored

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired

I used Android Auto and it caused my phone to overheat. Terrible APP.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
still having problems. disabled it from the phone during my last drive. turned truck off, and AA connected immediately (accessory mode until the door opens and shuts down.) As there are three settings in the truck. A) AA connects automatically, B) AA connects only if used on last drive (doesn't work) and C) default of truck.
Try disabling the Projection feature on the Sync screen
Try adjusting your phones wifi settings related the Project SSID, disable auto-reconnect.
disabling the projection feature is the only option that works. but it also shuts down all the music apps. my travel is 90% short trips so I'll put up with it until Ford changes the default to NOT connect. I'll us the commenting feature in sync, to send a recording of my issue. perhaps someone will listen.
Sponsored