• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tcu replacement

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Hey guys! Just looking for some advice / guidance… I have a f150 lightning lariat er… and for over a year I have been having modem connection issues. For say a month the truck will connect to ford pass / update and show location and what not , ( work as intended) then for no rhyme or reason will not work for 1-2 to even 3 weeks…. Then miraculously work again ? I’ve taken it to the dealer and they checked it out … we did a few things ( sign in and out of FordPass /delete re-download) and It really didn’t work , only to be more sporadic….. for example three or four days working in 2 to 3 days not…. So now they want to replace the TCU… Has anyone had this done because of this issue and did it fix it? Sorry for the long post guys and thanks again …
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So now they want to replace the TCU… Has anyone had this done because of this issue and did it fix it? Sorry for the long post guys and thanks again …
There have been several TCU replaced, get it done & hopefully it will resolve your situation.

OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Thanks for the reply! , I’ll get it scheduled and let you know how it turns out

Etsquared

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Retired
There have been several TCU replaced, get it done & hopefully it will resolve your situation.
Pull fuse 34 or 32 lower right front passenger floorboard foot fuse panel every time it happens, that works also but I have same problem so prefer the fuse out/in instead of losing use of my trucks use for days or weeks ..of coarse it is EXTREMELY HELPFUL TO ALL who experiences this malf if you get back to us if the TCU r&r actually fixes this please advise after couple months after new TCU performance is evaluated

OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
I have pulled #32 A few times and never seemed to work… I even got a note from the factory to do so six or eight months ago….. and then it was supposed to do some kind of update (which I don’t think happened ) just out of curiosity ,what would number 34 reset if I pulled it? I thought 32 was the tcu?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Also , something I forgot to mention….. during the time that my modem is not communicating in the truck… the connected services settings icon is unavailable…. when I click on it, it says unavailable at this time, Try later , or it kind of just doesn’t respond ….

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Also , something I forgot to mention….. during the time that my modem is not communicating in the truck… the connected services settings icon is unavailable…. when I click on it, it says unavailable at this time, Try later , or it kind of just doesn’t respond ….
VIN?

OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
1ftvw1ev6pwg06070

OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Just an update guys , I had the Tcu replaced under warranty today. I am. Already noticing things like the modem icon popping up much faster and ford pass is much more responsive. ill give one more update after a week or 2 to just see if everything will still be normal… i have alot of driving coming up these next few weeks

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
FYI - I had the same issues as you - they replaced the TCU on 4.29.24 after 6-7 months of trying to fix via SW and it resolved the issue…BUT…this week the same symptoms started happening again - no transmit receive icon, no FordPass connectivity for things like climate, SOC etc.

I’m calling the dealer and I logged a ticket with engineering via the truck feedback mechanism to ask them to dispatch the Field Engineer that replaced the TCU last time.

I will report back.

My whole gripe is - this issue started when it was in warranty - they did some SW stuff which seemed like it worked but then it failed shortly after….then they finally decided to replace the TCU AFTER it was out of warranty - they covered 70% of the cost but it still cost me $230….so the fix this time better be under the new warranty for the pat they just replaced.

OP
OP

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
That is very odd…. Is there any other connecting part that could be causing this? I’m a week in and about 200 miles and it’s been working as it should… the only thing is I had to fast charge at an EA and plug and charge did not work …. I am wondering if it was the truck or the station….. I’ll be doing a lot of driving this weekend so there will be opportunities to check it out at different stations….. did PlugShare work for you after the TCU replacement?
Sponsored