• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Then there is the other side of used CT sitting on lot and those who purchased trying to make a profit.

Its an attention getter and some want attention despite the truck being on par with what they already have. Just go to the CT forums and read how may get excited because they feel like “celebrities”…
Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Then there is the other side of used CT sitting on lot and those who purchased trying to make a profit.

Its an attention getter and some want attention despite the truck being on par with what they already have. Just go to the CT forums and read how may get excited because they feel like “celebrities”…
…and the wraps the local celebrities are putting on them and the off road puddles they are losing control in.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
…and the wraps the local celebrities are putting on them and the off road puddles they are losing control in.
I forgot about that. All the talk about “paint less” and “cost effective”.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
The advantage is now, there was no advantage when you had four fuses and a 30A alternator. You may wish to deny the facts but there real advantages and 48V architectures are coming. Your car or tractor once ran on a 6V system, 12V proved to be better handling bigger loads so it took over.

But don’t take my word, see what Ford says.

That is how it works, to quote Soichro Honda: “Success is 99 percent failure.”

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I forgot about that. All the talk about “paint less” and “cost effective”.
You are right…I just went to a CT forum and read some of the comments in threads. These guys are freaking hilarious…their delusional narcissists all supporting each other with constant ego stroking lol

Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
There is a benefit; that's a fact. You can use smaller gauge wires to save copper. I agree with your conclusion that the tradeoffs (need custom manufactured 48V components, or DC-DC converters everywhere) probably aren't worth it, but saying there are no benefits is just wrong.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Air suspension has been on Fords before, nothing new. They don't use it for a reason.

4 wheel steering, again, this is old tech.

You cant access Ford and its features?

48 volt, software ....yeah....

Again, the CT is the latest and greatest in the EV Truck world but I just don't see how it's "Miles" away from the Lightning. That just me though. It's grown on me, but I would still prefer a modern traditional truck from Tesla.
The CT does Jeep, Raptor things that the Lightning does not. You won’t find threads on needing to upgrade the sound system in a CT, because it does not suck. It’s not just air suspension, it’s a lowered truck and a lifted truck, you pick. I hate running boards, the CT does not need them, it’s lower when you get in, higher when you drive. The Lighting has a lot of very useful features the CT does not, but the CT owns bad ass and tech (sentry, remote view, dashcam, dog mode, sound system, FSD) which is why it will always be worth more. The Lightning has the bigger frunk, and a larger back seat area which I need at a much lower price. There is not a Ford owner alive that wishes the Ford was higher on the jump and completed the culverts… because fun costs more and always sells.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd IMG_5526
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd IMG_5524
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd IMG_5520
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd IMG_5522

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
lol.....

The CT has its quality, I own a Model 3 and to be honest I don't see much of a difference in the "Tech". Where I see the difference is in App Use, and entertainment options.
Show me where my Lightning 4 camera dascam is because it was very helpful when I was in an accident and the other driver blamed me, but it was his fault. One mp4 file attached e-mail to my insurance and it was done. Where is my sentry mode so that when my car is damaged in a parking lot I have the evidence? When is my Lightning going to suddenly drive me from my driveway to my office parking lot? It’s not even close. The Lightning doesn’t even engage the parking brake when you put it in park.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The CT does Jeep, Raptor things that the Lightning does not. You won’t find threads on needing to upgrade the sound system in a CT, because it does not suck. It’s not just air suspension, it’s a lowered truck and a lifted truck, you pick. I hate running boards, the CT does not need them, it’s lower when you get in, higher when you drive. The Lighting has a lot of very useful features the CT does not, but the CT owns bad ass and tech (sentry, remote view, dashcam, dog mode, sound system, FSD) which is why it will always be worth more. The Lightning has the bigger frunk, and a larger back seat area which I need at a much lower price. There is not a Ford owner alive that wishes the Ford was higher on the jump and completed the culverts… because fun costs more and always sells.
IMG_5526.png
IMG_5524.png
IMG_5520.png
IMG_5522.png
No, I won’t find threads on needing to upgrade the sound system.

But I will find thread on under seat storage, what color wrap, plastic coming off the exterior, door handles, installing a proper rear view camera, improving video quality of the existing rear view camera, how to keep fingerprints from the exterior.

Isn’t that the video where the CT broke into pieces? You really want to use that video for reference?

OP
OP

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
but the CT owns bad ass and tech (sentry, remote view, dashcam, dog mode, sound system, FSD) which is why it will always be worth more.
The part you fanboys always miss is the very important part “to you” or “in your opinion”.

FSD is a joke and not even available yet….

Dog mode only applies if you have a dog and are too lazy to open the FordPass and start climate.

Yes a built in dash cam is worth the extra $20,000 every day….not.

Sentry mode is cool and I do agree, but from what I read it drains the battery a bit, so not sure I would use it unless plugged in or in a very bad area of town.

As for the jeep like things, that only matters to a handful of people. Not everyone goes over landing.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Show me where my Lightning 4 camera dascam is because it was very helpful when I was in an accident and the other driver blamed me, but it was his fault. One mp4 file attached e-mail to my insurance and it was done. Where is my sentry mode so that when my car is damaged in a parking lot I have the evidence? When is my Lightning going to suddenly drive me from my driveway to my office parking lot? It’s not even close. The Lightning doesn’t even engage the parking brake when you put it in park.
Actually the Lightning does engage the parking brake once you open the door…….

But go ahead and show me the CT’s 360 degree camera….

While the CT supposedly is great at “doing Jeep/Raptor” things, their owners are still modifying them because they aren’t good enough. Now tell me a Lightning can’t be modified to compete? That’s a wash…

How about the in bed camera?

Zone Lighting?

Why would I want the truck to drive me to my office when it’s “Fun to drive”

Apparently its not that fun…..Tesla drivers always crack me up with FSD. “The best car I’ve driven…” yet want FSD, which is like having a student driver take you on a trip.

Sentry Mode, I’ll give you that.

Dog Mode, there is a work around, but again I agree with you.

Last edited:

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
IMG_5526.png
IMG_5524.png
IMG_5520.png
IMG_5522.png
Tell us you have a Cyber Turd without telling us you have a Cyber Turd.
Sponsored