• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck rescues Ford Lightning in New Tesla Commercial

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
We really don't. Turning car ownership into a sport can be fun. My wife don't play sports and don't get the point. I do but I don't ask her to participate. As long as everyone play the sport in the same spirit that Elon and Farley display, we will be fine. If a Lightning owner starts to let the air out of a cybertruck because he doesn't like CT, then we are talking about crossing a line. The more EV trucks out there the better it will be for all of us. We are just having fun.
I honestly think some people get way too bent out of shape. I agree, Musk and Farley have a good competitive relationship. However, there are people who are actually offended by EV trucks existing in the first place, and people who are actually offended by the idea that a cybertruck might be a better fit for some people or a lightning a better fit for others.
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
We really don't. Turning car ownership into a sport can be fun. My wife don't play sports and don't get the point. I do but I don't ask her to participate. As long as everyone play the sport in the same spirit that Elon and Farley display, we will be fine. If a Lightning owner starts to let the air out of a cybertruck because he doesn't like CT, then we are talking about crossing a line. The more EV trucks out there the better it will be for all of us. We are just having fun.
And many of us own both Tesla and Ford EV’s. Not a big deal.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I honestly think some people get way too bent out of shape. I agree, Musk and Farley have a good competitive relationship. However, there are people who are actually offended by EV trucks existing in the first place, and people who are actually offended by the idea that a cybertruck might be a better fit for some people or a lightning a better fit for others.
I totally get you. Just to give you some perspective, I had reservation for CT, Silverado, Rivian and Lightning. At the end brand name was not the reason I ended up with Lightning. It offered me the best value and the total package matched my needs the most. I still like somethings about each of them more than I do about my Lightning but over all I pick my Pro over them if I had to make the same choice again.

Bonds between people over a car brand is as made up as a bond over a sport team, a nationality or a religion, but there is still a bond. The trick is not letting getting closer to some people separate us too much from others. If that was your point, it is well understood.

Last edited:

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
why do people keep getting offended or proud of this on either side. Has anyone turned away getting boosted by a Honda, Toyota, or Dodge Journey, doubt it. Has anyone when stuck told the Silverado to keep going cause only another F150 is allowed to pull them out of the mud? Everyone needs to give it a rest.
Not following. I've never needed a boost or been stuck. I guess it's theoretically possible...😉

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Too bad the CT inverter outlets can't be used while the vehicle is charging.

Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
I totally get you. Just to give you some perspective, I had reservation for CT, Silverado, Rivian and Lightning. At the end brand name was not the reason I ended up with Lightning. It offered me the best value and the total package matched my needs the most. I still like somethings about each of them more than I do about my Lightning but over all I prick my Pro over them if I had to make the same choice again.

Bonds between people over a car brand is as made up as the bond of a sport team, nationality and religion but there is still a bond. The trick is not letting getting closer to some people separate us too much from others. If that was your point, it is well understood.
Only thing I didn’t reserve was a Silverado. Rivian seems to not want to sell in Canada too desperately, they must never have unsold configurations available 😏 but as with you I ended up with Lightning because it checked most of the boxes (just not the software box. Ugh)

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Oh damn, they can't?? That's a massive oversight...
It's true, although they're apparently promising that feature in an update.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I wonder if CT would even have power back there if it didn't have to match and catch up to Lightning features.
Cybertruck showed off this feature charging the Cyberquad in 2019. So it might be the other way around...(although maybe it was inspired by an earlier PPO implementation?)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck showed off this feature charging the Cyberquad in 2019. So it might be the other way around...(although maybe it was inspired by an earlier PPO implementation?)
I know Ford had Pro Power Onboard in 21 F150 so they were selling it in 2020 and they must have designed and sourced it earlier than that. So it is hard to tell who stole from whom. The fact is that Lightning announcement to production took only a year and CT’s took four times as long. So as far as I am concerned even if Ford stole the idea from a fast and agile company and got to sell it first, they still earned it. As you can tell, I am Pro Pro Power Onboard.

Regardless of this, Elon is not beyond getting Ideas from others. The revealed CT didn’t have rear steering. Only After hummer, Tesla started talking about it. After Rivian, Elon started to talk about 4 motors one at each wheel, then engineers or bean counters must have advised against it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I know Ford had Pro Power Onboard in 21 F150 so they were selling it in 2020 and they must have designed and sourced it earlier than that. So it is hard to tell who stole from whom. The fact is that Lightning announcement to production took only a year and CT’s took four times as long. So as far as I am concerned even if Ford stole the idea from a fast and agile company and got to sell it first, they still earned it. As you can tell, I am Pro Pro Power Onboard.

Regardless of this, Elon is not beyond getting Ideas from others. The revealed CT didn’t have rear steering. Only After hummer, Tesla started talking about it. After Rivian, Elon started to talk about 4 motors one at each wheel, then engineers or bean counters must have advised against it.
Same thing with the Frunk, it wasn’t supposed to have one.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
why do people keep getting offended or proud of this on either side. Has anyone turned away getting boosted by a Honda, Toyota, or Dodge Journey, doubt it. Has anyone when stuck told the Silverado to keep going cause only another F150 is allowed to pull them out of the mud? Everyone needs to give it a rest.
Exactly. Its all getting tired and old.

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro ER
So what is Tesla’s V2H setup going to look like? Maybe I’m mistaken, but this video is the first that I have heard of Tesla offering this feature.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If all of them aren't copying and cloning ideas from each other then we are screwed. We need this for improvement.

Truly there has been little innovation in trucks in years, lest we want to count the 6 way tailgate from GM which is all they seems to be able to advertise these days.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles