• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The liner delay is real…..

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
:rolleyes:

Sounds like your local LineX sucks and why in the world would you go through eight trucks with bad service like that? There are other brands that I would have tried after two bad jobs! The LineX here in San Antonio is great and I NEVER had problems with overspray, uneven thickness, or any other problem with the base spray...which is just about the same cost as the OEM spray.

Yes, I know you are going to come back with you tried LineX in Florida, Maryland, North Dakota, Chile, and Bora Bora.
Easy Mickey, we don't need to assume we're lying to each other. He's just relaying why he gets it from Ford vs aftermarket. One team here! ;)
Sponsored

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I had a 7/13 Blend with a spray in liner, went into production 7/14, and was only two days behind someone with a 7/12 blend to reach built status. I don't think there is any more than a day or two delay due to the liner.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
:rolleyes:

Sounds like your local LineX sucks and why in the world would you go through eight trucks with bad service like that? There are other brands that I would have tried after two bad jobs! The LineX here in San Antonio is great and I NEVER had problems with overspray, uneven thickness, or any other problem with the base spray...which is just about the same cost as the OEM spray.

Yes, I know you are going to come back with you tried LineX in Florida, Maryland, North Dakota, Chile, and Bora Bora.
Just two in MD and one in Virginia. But all applied too thick in spots, all had overspray issues, and all cost more than OEM Ford, which I have now had on four trucks and find more professional in every case. Some removed bolts before application, others did not. Some did the tailgate, others did not. I don't have good secondary options given rural location of my farm and need for fast turnaround, completion on or before delivery. Generally had the dealer get it done by LineX before taking delivery, again before the superior Ford OEM option became available. And with any other after-market liner, you don't get these:

Ford F-150 Lightning The liner delay is real….. ford bedliner logo

Ford F-150 Lightning The liner delay is real….. ford bedliner logo2

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Just two in MD and one in Virginia. But all applied too thick in spots, all had overspray issues, and all cost more than OEM Ford, which I have now had on four trucks and find more professional in every case. Some removed bolts before application, others did not. Some did the tailgate, others did not. I don't have good secondary options given rural location of my farm and need for fast turnaround, completion on or before delivery. Generally had the dealer get it done by LineX before taking delivery, again before the superior Ford OEM option became available. And with any other after-market liner, you don't get these:

ford bedliner logo.jpeg

ford bedliner logo2.jpeg
I’ve had both, either is fine. For overall durability the Linex is better because of the prep, but I’ve read elsewhere that it also voids the corrosion warranty on the panels it’s installed on because they break the factory paint. I did find this video eye opening in 2020 when I was trying to decide which to do on my 2020 Raptor. I ended up with the Ford liner as my order got screwed up by the dealer (either never placed or stolen) and I bought a truck off the lot. I did order the liner on my Pro.

Sponsored