• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

They have landed

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I live here in Maine and saw my first IRL cyber truck yesterday on 295. While following him, we passed another going on the southbound lane and he flashed the guy in front of me which is kind of funny. But I have to say that is the most ugly design in a vehicle I have ever seen, I just can’t imagine driving that thing down the road. It actually looks worse in person than it does online.
Did you see the at one at the weed shop on RT 302 in Portland?

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/maine-tesla-cybertruck-owner-does-not-like-attention-1235619361/

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Here's what I don't understand. You pay say $90 - $130,000 for a vehicle, and then you go to an office supply store and buy stick on letters and numbers? It looks some kids did it. At least go to a shop that does vinyl and get it done professionally.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
There is one in my neighborhood about a mile from here in Fairfax County Virginia.

My wife noticed it and told me the address - I did not run right out and look at it which surprised her.

I had originally been 'psyched' about it and signed up to buy one the day after it was announced, but only because it was the first under $40k EV pickup announced, and in spite of, not because of the looks.

Thank goodness Ford read the writing on the wall when the response to the Cyber Truck was so overwhelming, and produced one of their own, although not at the $39,995 original starting price.

There were going to be some 'advantages' that the CT has over the Lightning and others in terms of fast charging capabilities, but apparently in real life they haven't materialized. The range doesn't seem to be what was originally proposed/touted either at 320mi.

https://insideevs.com/news/702888/tesla-cybertruck-v3-supercharging-test/

FWIW, when I got the notice from Tesla I could design/order a CT late last year, my wife said forgetaboutit, because of all the Musk "controversies." We would probably get a lot of hate around my neighborhood if I had a CT because of his 'issues.'

For me it was going to be about value per dollar and practicality.
At the time the asking price for a CT was $90k to $100k, they didn't have the $60k version (still not in production I read recently), and Ford was on the verge of price cuts for the excess 2023 Lightnings that were sitting around unsold, so a Lightning was the obvious best choice.

Not knocking Tesla for innovation, but the CT seems like it could turn out to be a Ford 'Edsel' situation. Time will tell.

Even if the CT is kind of an 'eyesore,' I think the price competition will be good for consumers and result in more EVs on the road - signs of a price war have already begun to show in the space.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
It wasn't as off putting in person to me, this one looked like it was in better shape quality wise then the youtube posting. The owner and his wife did like it and the wrap was a custom one, the whole truck is wrapped which is hard to tell but you can see the change in color in the pictures.

They also both came over to me to chat about the lighting too. His wife pointed out a terrible towing experience and I said the same is expected for the Ford too. They didn't know Ford had access to Tesla charging either so now they will be less surprised down the road.

For me, I'm going to be less harsh and less darkness in myself, we have become far too much extreme and it is not healthy. If it was 400 mile range and under 60k I'd buy it now. But we all know that reality is far far away.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
But I have to say that is the most ugly design in a vehicle I have ever seen, I just can’t imagine driving that thing down the road. It actually looks worse in person than it does online.
Same. I can't remember a single vehicle having that effect on me. It's quite the achievement. :puke:

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I was thinking a little more Buck Rodgers than star trek.

Ford F-150 Lightning They have landed 1720530598247-pq

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Ah ha! Now we know the inspiration for the CT. Thanks for sharing.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Please Ford don't build one of these in the next T3 :sadface: