• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tire Recommendation - Pirelli Scorpion ATR?

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
My General garbage grabbers HTS are all worn at 20K. I'm not getting a HWY tire again on my lightning. I always thought they were too soft for the truck.

Current front runner is Scorpian ATR... tirerack has decent reviews. I dont need an all out all terrain tire... I'd appreciate a word from those who have used this tire in the past. If you have another recommendation pls send them my way.

Thanks

AI
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I am sure they have improved since then but my 2012 F-150 came with them as part of the FX4 package and they were terrible. I wont buy them again out of spite for making me change the tire on the off ramp of a urban interstate in the middle of summer during my lunch time in slacks and a button up shirt. 🤬

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Not buying a scorpion ever again. You think the grabbers are bad but mine have lasted 45000kms with probably another few thousand left in em. Doubt you'll get such treadwear with the pirelli but YMMV.

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
Yeah, just took my 22's with Grabbers off the truck today. 32,000 on them and have decent tread left. Lowest was 6/32 avg 7/32. Not bad at all. Rotation is the key .

Sponsored
OP
OP

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Yeah, just took my 22's with Grabbers off the truck today. 32,000 on them and have decent tread left. Lowest was 6/32 avg 7/32. Not bad at all. Rotation is the key .
I've been rotating religiously. I'm thinking its the weight of the lightning that has caused this. Its not like I'm pushing the truck on every traffic light.

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
I've been rotating religiously. I'm thinking its the weight of the lightning that has caused this. Its not like I'm pushing the truck on every traffic light.
Seems the results are very random. I don't drive this truck easy. I put my foot in it all the time. Drive it like I stole it ! I would say I am pretty aggressive.
Sponsored