Sponsored

Using Pro power in the bed for an electric blanket?

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
After testing the ground fault, you must press the reset in the outlet panel in the bed.

Update: or press the on screen reset prompt for frunk/cabin or bed for which the GFI test was selected.

1730130881362-kf.jpg
I did it there at the infotainment center. I scrolled down to the bottom where I did the test.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Does your truck have factory or aftermarket spray in liner?

On rare occasions folks have found the wiring harness disconnected during the coating operation
It's a standard bed, no liner or anything. I bought a rubber mat for it, otherwise completely stock.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I've run my entire travel trailer on the truck bed power for days at a time, it can definitely power a heated blanket unless something is really wrong

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
it just seemed strange that it says there's power going there and nothing seemed to work.
All you've reported is that your electric blanket doesn't work when plugged into the bed outlets, yet it works in the house.

If you test the bed outlets with a meter or by plugging something else in like a trouble light, and they work, you have a problem that others have reported: some devices do not work on ProPower.

If the bed outlets actually are not working when Ford's software reports that they should be, then you can say "nothing works".

I've experienced the first type of problem. My old dremel zip tool that works anywhere else doesn't work at all when plugged into my 2024 Flash, while everything else I've ever plugged into the truck bed outlets, including my travel trailer, works.

There is something odd about Ford's ProPower.

For 2024, Ford claims we can turn our trucks off, and still have power in the truck bed outlets.

My truck can do that, but only for a few hours. It reliably turns itself off in the middle of the night when I'm at a campground, with the truck off, powering my travel trailer with ProPower. I haven't diagnosed this yet. Some say that when a 2024 Lightning is turned off with ProPower left on, the bed outlets require some sort of steady or more often used electrical load otherwise the truck shuts them off after a few hours.

I tried asking the new 24/7 Ford text line for an explanation, i.e. did Ford intend the system to act this way, or is this something that can be fixed. I got nothing useful. They ended up directing me to contact a dealer.
Sponsored