• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vapor injection heat pump

Jake24

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 XLT Avalanche 9.6kW
Just yesterday dealer called and convinced me to swap my MY24LAR for a MY23PLAT
The bev for 23plat is 13.8k!!…..i was like…screw the pump lol
Hook, line & sinker! 🤑
Sponsored

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
im more interested in the proper right fender lol instead of the fake matching clip on fake charging outlet cover.
I might be in the minority but I actually don't like the look of the floating F-150 badging on the 24 Lightnings. Even though the fake charge port is pointless it at least added symmetry and anchored the badging. I think it needs something to anchor it down like the ICE versions have:
Ford F-150 Lightning Vapor injection heat pump 2024-ford-f150-xlt-rapid-red-metallic-tinted-clearcoat-1

safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blackwing ct5
Man dont do this to me……😰…..i havent signed anything yet but im approved for everything….this will be my first truck and first EV. I sat in the 24 lariat and was like this is pretty nice. Then i sat in the platinum and was like damn….the lariat gives rental car vibes compared to this…..again im a complete newb so plz dont take that the wrong way. But you did make some good points and now im like …..crap

safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blackwing ct5
Man dont do this to me……😰…..i havent signed anything yet but im approved for everything….this will be my first truck and first EV. I sat in the 24 lariat and was like this is pretty nice. Then i sat in the platinum and was like damn….the lariat gives rental car vibes compared to this…..again im a complete newb so plz dont take that the wrong way. But you did make some good points and now im like …..crap
I lied sorta….i did put the $500 deposit to hold it though

Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Rather have it than not. I'm smack dab in the centre of a vast charging network...range isn't a factor.
Screenshot 2024-07-15 07.50.24.png
Heat pump was a deal breaker for me.
20240704_200714.jpg
You say the heat pump is a deal breaker then you later say no big deal (you show a map with all the chargers in your area) like you don’t need it. Which is it? Are you being a look at me heat pump snob? lol. I like those Tremor rims. I have same color. Nice truck!

Last edited:

Jake24

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 XLT Avalanche 9.6kW
You say the heat pump is a deal breaker then you later say no big deal (you show a map with all the chargers in your area) like you don’t need it. Which is it? I like those Tremor rims.
I'll reiterate a heat pump was a must in the truck, likewise for my house. Tremor rims??
Ford F-150 Lightning Vapor injection heat pump 20240715_064712

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I'll reiterate that a heat pump was a must in the truck just as it was in my house. Tremor rims??
20240715_064712.jpg
From the other angle it looked like it had Ford Tremor rims. Will be interesting to see what the #s say in the winter. You don’t have ER bc you have a 24 XLT so it makes some sense.

Jake24

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 XLT Avalanche 9.6kW
From the other angle it looked like it had Ford Tremor rims. Will be interesting to see what the #s say in the winter. You don’t have ER bc you have a 24 XLT so it makes some sense.
ER ineligible for the $9k BEV rebate...a serious deal breaker.
XLT SR was my only option...msrp also fell $60 under the BC luxury tax threshold.
I wasn't in the market for an EV but the deal was too enticing to pass up...glad to be aboard! :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
He bought the SR, they did not come with the charge station. That was part of the $$$ package for the ER, which we all paid for so “free” is subjective when I had to pay to get the ER battery.

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
My heating contractor did not pick out the heat pump. My son and I built multimillion homes on the coast until I retired so I do my homework and know what I am doing. It is brand new before last winter. I am not the only one with these issues, no matter what brand of HP and size.
How tight is your house? Is it superinsulated? I'm in Maine and ductless mini splits are installed in new high performance (passive) construction without any supplemental heat. That said, I don't think it's realistic to expect any heat pump to work efficiently in -21F. That's when you fire up the woodstove! Pretty much everyone I know has a mini split they use year round, in older leaky homes (like mine) they provide some heat in addition to the furnace.
Sponsored