Sponsored

What’s the latest software update for the Lighting 2023 ? As of Oct 2024 ?

danchristy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting
Occupation
Audio Video Lighting Engineer
How do you know if we’re on the last of firmware and software
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
In short, you don't. You can only see the version of Sync you are on. Each module has the ability to be updated. Someone with FDRS can look, but it's very likely you aren't current on every module.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Distribution is a matter of Russian Roulette, you'll get something and not necessarily in the sequence that others before & after you will have received them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Lately this has been my mood, I know it's showing in my posts..... sorry about that BUT Ford could be doing so much better in the customer service department, reviewing all these posts is draining.

Ford F-150 Lightning What’s the latest software update for the Lighting 2023 ? As of Oct 2024 ? 1729699298478-he

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Fair question - and after owning two Ford EVs I've concluded that between the monthly Microsoft Windows updates and the random and continual cell smart phone updates, technology has trained us users to feel that if we are somehow missing the latest update then we are operating in a vulnerable, perhaps unsafe software state.

IMHO this general perception of operational safety does indeed apply, often or continually, to our computing and Internet communication devices, and conversely it does not apply - practically at all - to our Ford EVs.

Frankly, as Ford leans to be a software company while continuing to be a quality vehicle manufacturer, is seems to me to be more important for Ford to continue to be the latter (maker of quality vehicles) and not to try to be both, simultaneously, at some significant risk to its core business.
Sponsored