• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
My wife normally names our vehicles, but I got to name our Avalanche-colored Lariat.

My wife took her out to meet friends for lunch on the other side of the city and was apparently taking advantage of the torque and acceleration on the highway. After she got off of the highway and parked at the restaurant one of our finest State Patrol officers was finally able to catch up with her.

The officer was very impressed with the acceleration on the highway and didn't realize it was an EV. He hadn't seen one up close and she showed him around the vehicle. The officer clocked her at 22MPH over, but decided to give her a warning after the tour of the Lightning.

After relaying this story and viewing the dashcam footage, she was very lucky as she was well over 25+ MPH for awhile. In Colorado, they can arrest you if going 25+ and if convicted it's a 10 day minimum jail sentence.

I was going to name the Lariat "Bandit" because she got away with it, but she didn't really get away. I decided "Smokey" was more appropriate due to the kindness of the officer not issuing her a $232 ticket.

My wife has agreed to cool her jets as insurance for the Lightning is already $1800/year.

Word to the wise, the Lightnings don't seem like they are going that fast, but they are and you can slide from the speed limit to 20+ nearly instantly and without realizing it.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

Sponsored