• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is this icon on the touchscreen?

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Can anyone tell me what the icon to the left of the temperature is? Can’t find any reference to it in the owners manual. Thanks in advance.

Ford F-150 Lightning What is this icon on the touchscreen? 1701873894583
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It's the icon for Connected Services - the inbuilt cell connection the car uses for Bluecruise, updates, telematics, etc. If the icon appears it means the car is connected to Ford's servers.

OP
OP

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Thanks!!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It's the icon for Connected Services - the inbuilt cell connection the car uses for Bluecruise, updates, telematics, etc. If the icon appears it means the car is connected to Ford's servers.
This.

Another way to think about it - seeing it is an indicator (not guarantee) that your truck is healthy, connecting to the backend servers, and capable of being updated OTA.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
The connected services icon is definitely key to getting OTA updates. My truck only started showing the icon on every drive after I did a round of FDRS updates a few months ago. Prior to that it was not consistent and showed up about 1 out of every 5-6 drives and I was NOT receiving OTA updates in a timely matter. Which was why I using FDRS in the first place.

Now the icon is displayed on every drive and so far I have received the most recent updates just a few days after they are reported here on the forum.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
The connected services icon is definitely key to getting OTA updates. My truck only started showing the icon on every drive after I did a round of FDRS updates a few months ago. Prior to that it was not consistent and showed up about 1 out of every 5-6 drives and I was NOT receiving OTA updates in a timely matter. Which was why I using FDRS in the first place.

Now the icon is displayed on every drive and so far I have received the most recent updates just a few days after they are reported here on the forum.
Is there a way to get the icon to show up? I looked in the settings under Connectivity -> Connected Vehicle Features and nothing is listed there.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Is there a way to get the icon to show up? I looked in the settings under Connectivity -> Connected Vehicle Features and nothing is listed there.
yea, that was the same issue I had. When the icon didn't show up the Connected Vehicle menu was blank. I had to turn the truck off then on and then sometimes it would appear.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I looked in the settings under Connectivity -> Connected Vehicle Features and nothing is listed there.
Known bug.
Some have reported success in getting the menu to show up after performing a remote start or remote unlock. Sometimes, it magically reappears.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Can anyone tell me what the icon to the left of the temperature is? Can’t find any reference to it in the owners manual. Thanks in advance.

1701873894583.png
Ford F-150 Lightning What is this icon on the touchscreen? IMG_4396
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: