• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@bmwhitetx @LUXMAN @TexasGardeningGirl

I had an opportunity to stop by this SC today. What an incredible experience. I will pay this price all day long to not have to mess with EA ever again (note I truly need a SC maybe a couple of times a year, more only if I were to take a road trip).

They had a ton of room so I do wish they had added more than one pull through charger, but at least there is one. 16 stalls, no one else was there.

Open the app, select your station, push the handle in to engage the dock and plug in to charge. Brought back so many fond memories of how easy this really can be from the Tesla days.

I know pics have been shared, but cool to find and use one locally. I hit 129kW, which is about the fastest my truck has ever charged. I was about 50% SOC.

Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4532
Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4540
Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4536
Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4538
Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4541.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Will New Tesla Superchargers have Magic Docks? IMG_4545.PNG
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
@bmwhitetx @LUXMAN @TexasGardeningGirl

I had an opportunity to stop by this SC today. What an incredible experience. I will pay this price all day long to not have to mess with EA ever again (note I truly need a SC maybe a couple of times a year, more only if I were to take a road trip).

They had a ton of room so I do wish they had added more than one pull through charger, but at least there is one. 16 stalls, no one else was there.

Open the app, select your station, push the handle in to engage the dock and plug in to charge. Brought back so many fond memories of how easy this really can be from the Tesla days.

I know pics have been shared, but cool to find and use one locally. I hit 129kW, which is about the fastest my truck has ever charged. I was about 50% SOC.
Very cool. I don’t know a lot about SC locations, have only seen a few up close. Looks like it is two-sided. Will that make it better for our trucks, i.e., do you think there are other stalls besides the one you used that the cable will reach?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Very cool. I don’t know a lot about SC locations, have only seen a few up close. Looks like it is two-sided. Will that make it better for our trucks, i.e., do you think there are other stalls besides the one you used that the cable will reach?
Truly I should have tried that, but I had a passenger that was grumpy and had been gone from the house since 6 AM, so I didn't push my luck. Truly I do think you could maneuver to get to a few more of them. That was one of the most likely things I should have tested though.

These are v3 chargers - so each one gets the same amount of juice but they are labeled 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B, etc. There are 4 cabinets of power, each cabinet powers 4 stalls.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Truly I do think you could maneuver to get to a few more of them.
Looks like the stalls at each end are spaced out more than the ones in the center. You were in 1A. Looks like we could pull in diagonally into 1B and not block anyone. (Back of truck may be in the pull through lane you were in.) And hard to tell but a couple on the other end may be acceptable. Might not be between the lines but there are buffer lanes (diagonally striped “off limits”) that could be used in a pinch and not be in someone’s lane.

Not an issue if you’re the only one there!
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN