• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless charging pad add on??

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Does anybody know if you can simply plug and play the Ford OEM wireless charging pad or is it more complicated than it seems?? TIA!
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Its a module on the network. So you would probably need to do some programming as well. Wouldnt say its impossible by any means,

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Have you read any use reports on the built in wireless charger? Most people report that as soon as they hit a bump, the phone stops charging. It's also slow and if you use wireless carplay or AA, it can only maintain the battery level at best. You really aren't missing much.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
It COULD just be my Platinum Powerboost, but the built in wireless charger is fairly pathetic. Just not up to current standards.

Kinda ironic with a truck that can generate 7+ KILOWATTS of AC current. Lol

It's a rolling power grid and barely can wireless charge at the discharge rate of a Samsung smartphone.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I was looking forward to using the wireless charger. However, in practice, it makes my iPhone a red hot ingot of scalding. That can't be good for the phone's battery, and seems only suited for making really small pancakes on the inductive heating surface that is my phone.

Instead, I have a charger cable in the center console, and use the cable cutout in the console to have my phone charge while in that thin recess next to the shifter. Much cleaner and cooler. It's just a shame I have an unused wireless charger now.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wireless charging pad add on?? %2F5f%2F94%2F8f%2F5f948f87a67ddb71d8764c22368b90b9
Sponsored