• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wiring and light mounting on front bumper

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I'm planning to put two Morimoto 2banger SAE wide amber fog lights on the front bumper down by the air intake. Has anyone opened up various frunk and bumper plastic trim to get wiring and bolts in there? I have not tried to take the frunk tub apart yet to look. Trying to gather some intel on what I'm getting myself with the disassembly requirements. Ideally as little disassembly as possible.

Before some brings it up, yes I am aware that the lights will partially obstruct a small amount of the air flow. I am confident the conditions I drive in will be fine with no negative impacts. If it does, I will remove them. Not oblivious :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper 1000013499
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
There are a few videos on removing the frunk beeper, which to do so, requires removing the frunk tub. not crazy hard, but easier with 2 people or 1 ratchet strap.
Start there. Either in here, or on reddit: f-150Lightning forum.

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes

jmb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Lariat ER
I'm looking for a way to get some fog lights up front also.

Sponsored

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, 23 Corvette, 23 Renegade, 22 Mini EV
Occupation
Retired High School Auto Tech Teacher
I'm in the process of wiring these DRL's/fogs that I just installed above the recovery hooks. I wanted to stay away from mounting them in the area of airflow. I know that with small lights in the airflow area most likely will not create any problems but if the truck goes into the dealership with an overheating problem and the lights are mounted there good reason for them to say that's the cause and bye bye warranty. Just my opinion.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper IMG_7187

Sponsored

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nice. Can you show a close up of the mounting method down there? That's very clean looking!
Here is a pic of my install from underneath and some pics of what the lights look like and wiring. I am not wiring the turn signals. I just drilled two small holes in the plastic above the recovery hook and secured the bracket with two sheet metal screws.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper IMG_7206
Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper 61x8Gb1hf-L._AC_SX679_
Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper 61x8Gb1hf-L._AC_SX679_
Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper 71VVbKzx0PL._AC_SX679_
Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring and light mounting on front bumper 613kvwGjrqL._AC_SX679_

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Here is a pic of my install from underneath and some pics of what the lights look like and wiring. I am not wiring the turn signals. I just drilled two small holes in the plastic above the recovery hook and secured the bracket with two sheet metal screws.
Do you have a link for these?

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I haven't tried them in fog yet.
Sponsored