Sponsored

Would You Buy A Lightning Again?

CD4TNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER
I use mine as a vacation road tripper. The range is perfect for me. I have to take breaks before the EV battery needs a charge.

Around town it's just a fun drive.

I would definitely buy it again if it broke. It's so comfortable. Comfortable to sit in. Comfortable to pack the things needed for road trips.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
100% absolutely! I don’t see myself driving anything but an EV truck, and the Lighting is the only one I’d consider because it is the only one with CarPlay. And I’m not sure about the size of the Rivian, not a fan of the look of the CyberTruck or the Silverado/Sierra. I think a Lightning would be able to pull $20k on trade in with when you predict trading it in at. EVs have a huge initial depreciation, but I expect that after a certain age/mileage it is going to be even with ICE.
A way to help off set that depreciation over that time, would be to save the money you would have spent on gas. For example if you fill your STX up once a week and pay $40 then every week put $40 into a savings account and with interest you can help offset some of the depreciation.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Let’s be truthful. No BS, no sugar. Would you buy another?
I ask because I still maintain my 2022 Lightning was the best Ford truck I can remember in 40 years. Solid. Yes, teething, but it was new technology. I had issues, but the biggest was range. The standard just didn’t cut it for me. I had to bail after trying to get an ER. Then the bottom fell out 2 weeks later after I got out.
Now, I’m in a position to get back into an ER Flash. Just wondering what you owners have to say.
I an upside down in my current truck, and have enough incentives, tax rebate, and a PCO to right me up. I could save an easy $5,000 plus a year driving a Lightning again. But I’d want to just run it. I’m on the fence. In 5 years, I’d have between 150-200k on it. I don’t think the batteries are an issue. The service intervals thru 200k are literally tiring. Nothing. I think a coolant change at 160k if I recall. The ER would fit my daily driving without issue. Vacations? Eh, maybe. I have concerns at 150-200k, who would want a used EV? New tech with better batteries, quicker charging, longer range would have to kill a used Lightning, right? Am I concerned about these things for nothing? I can’t imagine my 2023 STX will return $20k in five years with 150 on the clock, after its $15k depreciation in six months. So what’s the likelihood a 2024 Lightning will return $20k in five years with all the other tech advancement strikes against it? I can’t find my crystal ball. Thoughts appreciated.
2019 - Placed deposit for a Rivian R1T
2021 - Placed deposit for a Lightning Pro
2022 - Aug delivery of Lightning.
2022 - Sept delivery of R1T.
2023 - Feb sold R1T
2023 - Mar purchased Lariat ER

So….yes. No BS. I did it.

My neighbor has 2 in his driveway as well. Their first..and second Ford ever.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I would …..not….if it’s a 25’ but not because my 23 has been a great vehicle / comfortable /fast snd capable/almost perfect.

I wouldn’t because I feel every year ford takes away something and makes it less then instead of continually improving . Kind of like how they make their ICE trucks where every year or two the engines gets more HP / torque /ect. If the lightning got 50 -100 more range I would have already bought another.

but now all the other manufactures are catching up and passing ford with a noticeable difference in range and cool features. Ford needs to not worry about the politics and come out with a gen2 quick.

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yes, certainly. Actually I already have. My first Lightning was totaled by a driver who thought a red light was a suggestion not a rule. I was able to get a 22 Lariat SR (this is when it was hard to get one period). I drove it for a year and ordered my current 23 Lariat ER. There are things I would change/improve but it is hands down the best F150 I've ever owned. Puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
I would absolutely buy the truck I have at the price I paid again.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
One thing that bothers a lot about my Lightning is the crappy software. I know, "Ford is not a software company." But if they offer something in the truck, it should work properly. Having said that, I would buy the 2nd Gen Lightning if it has better range and everything else works. If not, I'm heavily leaning towards the Cybertruck. I don't want to hear anything about how it looks ugly or, "its not a trucky truck." Your concern is not mine. I've had two Teslas and they worked properly. Why did I buy the Lightning you may ask? Because Im a Ford fan as much as a Tesla fan but at the time the reservations for a Cybertruck were redickulously astronomical as was the price. I'm not even interested in upgrading to a higher trim level.
Now having said all of that, I would have a difficult choice if Ford put the NACS in with better range and software that works and works better than what we have now.