Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Anyone else trying to get X Plan pricing?
Some dealers have said they will accept X-plan if it's offered, such as Mullinax Ford, but of course, it may not be offered right away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Some dealers have said they will accept X-plan if it's offered, such as Mullinax Ford, but of course, it may not be offered right away.
Yeah my dealer has said if it's available they will honor it.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
For a dealer offering $500 over invoice, it's my understanding that with the mach-e invoice = MSRP and it is expected to be this way on the lightning. So $500 over invoice may also be $500 over MSRP. If the dealer tells you they wont make money selling at invoice, this is a lie as the dealer gets a percentage of invoice back from Ford no matter what price they sell the vehicle for.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone get the latest Ford Lightning email….. damn I thought it might be an early order placement lol
I got it about a half hour ago. I reserved a week after the reveal.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I got it about a half hour ago. I reserved a week after the reveal.
All I read was “…..your F-150 Lightning” and I scrolled all the way down looking for the “order now” link:ROFLMAO:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
All I read was “…..your F-150 Lightning” and I scrolled all the way down looking for the “order now” link:ROFLMAO:
You got almost another month for that. Time to relax a little bit and think about what options are important to you. :)

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Isn’t wbdo very different from our Ford ordering through the website? I had to have the manager do it three times just to get it right on my hybrid. Apparently it doesn’t transfer to their system so they have to input each option on your order one at a time.
There is no "Ford Ordering through the website". Not yet at least. The two programs that can be utilized to order a vehicle are WBDO and CONCEPS (being phased out). Right now Ford's "online ordering" tools are merely a tracking method. When you do a build it saves the details, sends it to eCommerce Portal, then the dealer accepts it and it gets pushed through into WBDO where any edits necessary can be made. If the dealer doesn't accept your build then it will not be ordered.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
You can get a better idea on what is included on each trim next Thursday when the ICE order window opens @ Ford.Com. Should be pretty close to the EV trim.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Anyone else trying to get X Plan pricing?
Word of caution, Ford will likely not allow the x-plan program on Lightning due to demand. That happened on the Bronco. A dealer can try to match that price if they want but just a heads up before you join mustang club of america or something like that.

Sponsored

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
You can get a better idea on what is included on each trim next Thursday when the ICE order window opens @ Ford.Com. Should be pretty close to the EV trim.
I've seen the 2022 ICE order guide. Nearly the same as 2021 unless they randomly introduce a big change between now and end of month. Lightning will be similar but only in terms of standard items I believe. Goal is simplification of the build and ordering process.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
For a dealer offering $500 over invoice, it's my understanding that with the mach-e invoice = MSRP and it is expected to be this way on the lightning. So $500 over invoice may also be $500 over MSRP. If the dealer tells you they wont make money selling at invoice, this is a lie as the dealer gets a percentage of invoice back from Ford no matter what price they sell the vehicle for.
Correct, on Lightning MSRP = Invoice. This was communicated to us about a week ago.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Word of caution, Ford will likely not allow the x-plan program on Lightning due to demand. That happened on the Bronco. A dealer can try to match that price if they want but just a heads up before you join mustang club of america or something like that.
Already did because you have to be a member for 90 days before you get access to xplan. If they don't have xplan, I'm out $35. If the do I save hundreds. If I haven't taken delivery sand have to renew then I'm out $70... Maybe I'll buy a mach-e too?

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Already did because you have to be a member for 90 days before you get access to xplan. If they don't have xplan, I'm out $35. If the do I save hundreds. If I haven't taken delivery sand have to renew then I'm out $70... Maybe I'll buy a mach-e too?
EAA gave me X Plan access immediately ;) I get they may not have X Plan pricing, my dealer merely said if it is available they will give it to me.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
What are these emails you guys are getting? I reserved the minute the site went live( in Canada) and have a Ford account but I haven’t gotten anything. We also have no scheduled lightning tours up here so I have no idea what’s going on and the dealers seem to know less.
Sponsored