• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Sadly there really isn't anything you can do to ensure a dealer doesn't pull a fast one on you and sell your ordered truck to someone who is willing to pay more for it. Finding a dealer offering a fair price whose word and reputation is worth something is the best we can do.

I was unable to find one that fit these criteria locally and am therefore willing to drive several hours to purchase from @Granger Ford as their reputation and price are both excellent.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
What form are you referring to? I made my reservation online. I'll take this form into Puente Hills and see who would be willing to sign it but I don't have any reason to stay with them anyway. That's just what came up with my ZIP code. I had not stepped onto a domestic dealership in over twenty years before last week.
when orders open up
You do know dealers can't get trucks without a customer ordering them so it is your personal order

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sadly there really isn't anything you can do to ensure a dealer doesn't pull a fast one on you and sell your ordered truck to someone who is willing to pay more for it. Finding a dealer offering a fair price whose word and reputation is worth something is the best we can do.

I was unable to find one that fit these criteria locally and am therefore willing to drive several hours to purchase from @Granger Ford as their reputation and price are both excellent.
I would do the same also if I didn’t have a trade in an State incentives that require in State purchase.

Those in California make sure they dealer you order from participates in the EV Rebate at point of sale, it should be $1500

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical

you write down no add ons when you fill out your order sheet and have the sales manager sign it

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
you write down no add ons when you fill out your order sheet and have the sales manager sign it
There is no order sheet with the online order. Nothing to sign.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you haven't ordered one yet only reserved a place in line TOO order one
When you order at the end of next month, you will be ordering online! Or you will walk into the dealer's showroom and place a brand new order that will be last in line at that point, but will have a piece of paper to sign.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
TOWN & COUNTRY FORD in Alabama. No ADM at either location, Pell City or Bessemer.
Not surprised. Their YouTube channel reveals their culture and no-nonsense approach to selling Fords. It would not be convenient for me, but I might do business with them out of principle.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I would do the same also if I didn’t have a trade in an State incentives that require in State purchase.

Those in California make sure they dealer you order from participates in the EV Rebate at point of sale, it should be $1500
Yes!

Also remember that in addition to the CCFP $1500 point of sale discount, you can get after the sale - rebate checks from:
CVRP $2000
SCE $1000
and don't forget the coveted CAV/HOV carpool exemption sticker which what I really want !

Your local utility may even pay for the installation of a L2 EVSE and TOU meter.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!

Also remember that in addition to the CCFP $1500 point of sale discount, you can get after the sale - rebate checks from:
CVRP $2000
SCE $1000
and don't forget the coveted CAV/HOV carpool exemption sticker which what I really want !

Your local utility may even pay for the installation of a L2 EVSE and TOU meter.
And don't forget Federal credit for EVSE install.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
When you order at the end of next month, you will be ordering online! Or you will walk into the dealer's showroom and place a brand new order that will be last in line at that point, but will have a piece of paper to sign.
The dealer can convert your reservation into an order. You don't have to do it at the dealership, but you can if you choose.
Ford F-150 Lightning List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup) Screenshot_20210929-194931_Chrome

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, you're right. I just don't see the point of driving to the dealer, when you could do this online in 10-15 minutes. The no add-on thing can be clarified separately.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ok, you're right. I just don't see the point of driving to the dealer, when you could do this online in 10-15 minutes. The no add-on thing can be clarified separately.
I agree with you there. I really want to be about to interface with the dealer as little as possible but I'm worried about them surprising me with some sort of last minute markup. I wish there weren't so many dishonest dealers out there and we didn't have to worry that they were going to sell the vehicle out from under us. I understand now why people like the buying experience from Tesla. The price you pay is right there and that's that. Order the vehicle and it gets delivered at the agreed upon price. No added equipment, no sudden $10k markup.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree with you there. I really want to be about to interface with the dealer as little as possible but I'm worried about them surprising me with some sort of last minute markup. I wish there weren't so many dishonest dealers out there and we didn't have to worry that they were going to sell the vehicle out from under us. I understand now why people like the buying experience from Tesla. The price you pay is right there and that's that. Order the vehicle and it gets delivered at the agreed upon price. No added equipment, no sudden $10k markup.
So, the ADM will be clear at the time of order placement. It will be included in Dealer's selling price, and show as difference from MSRP. The only question is add-ons. Some add-ons are useful, some are not. Getting them from the dealer is always overpriced (based on my experience). My plan is to have an email confirmation of no add-ons and then show up at the dealer's few days before delivery (on a weekday) and get the paperwork ready, before they had a chance to spray the car with some sort of proprietary gunk or install wheel locks, or whatever.
Sponsored