Sponsored

AWDriftEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y, BMW Z4
This is very exciting. I hope I am in the 1st wave as I am chomping at the bit to sell one of my current cars.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Even the bargain PRO model would seem a might bit overpriced for plastic seats and floor... ;)
A gas xl with the powerboost hybrid, largest cab, smallest bed, fx4, pro power, towing package, is almost $50k. And that truck will also have the plastic floor and vinyl seats (which is more a fake leather than a marine vinyl). That truck also won't have the digital dashboard or connected navigation. The lightning pro is a bargain, especially after any tax incentives.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I think I will reserve a Silverado EV on Jan. 5. If I'm not in wave 1, I may find my preferred configuration sold out, and taking delivery after mid 2022 may mean the tax credit won't be 7500 anymore.
Not a bad idea any way based on the demand of electric trucks so far. Someone will put that reservation or truck to use.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
So wait a minute... am I reading this right? No Extended Range battery on the XLT base, OR the Lariat base? Meaning you need the XLT Premium or the Lariat Premium to get the ER battery? XLT + to Lariat + will be a big price jump for those in between XLT/Lariat.

Ford F-150 Lightning 📒 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! 2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-10

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
So does this mean, if I'm in Wave 1, I have until March 31st to actually place my order and NOT lose my place in line? Or could someone in Wave 2 get ahead of me if I don't pull the trigger within a week?
That is the question of the hour... how quick your dealer submits/accepts your order after you do your part.. will it affect how quickly your order gets built.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
So wait a minute... am I reading this right? No Extended Range battery on the XLT base, OR the Lariat base? Meaning you need the XLT Premium or the Lariat Premium to get the ER battery? XLT + to Lariat + will be a big price jump for those in between XLT/Lariat.

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-10.jpg
Not to mention there will be about 1/8th to 1/10th (guessing from chart) of the XLT ER Premiums even produced.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think I will reserve a Silverado EV on Jan. 5. If I'm not in wave 1, I may find my preferred configuration sold out, and taking delivery after mid 2022 may mean the tax credit won't be 7500 anymore.
I am going to do the same!
Not concerned about the $7500 tax credit.
Silverado EV reservation opens in 2 days - it's my back up for the Ford in case I am not in the next waves since I don't know which wave I will be in...

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Not to mention there will be about 1/8th to 1/10th (guessing from chart) of the XLT ER Premiums even produced.
The verbage is confusing, I don't whether that's the allocation or Ford's expectations of what gets ordered. I intend to order an XLT 312 extended myself.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The extended battery makes this thing a beast. 6750 lbs curb weight and 8550 gross. Wow, that's a ton more than the gasser.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The verbage is confusing, I don't whether that's the allocation or Ford's expectations of what gets ordered. I intend to order an XLT 312 extended myself.
To me it means what will be available, but amounts aren't exact. I am confident they are probably representative based on the discussion about the configurator being set to "run out" or trims and then purchaser decides if they want to wait or select a different trim.

Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I will also bail if I don’t get a crack at a 2022. The Silverado is a frame up new EV based on the Hummer, and other cars on my shortlist is the Kia EV6 or BMW i4.

Supposedly my dealer is telling me I am 30 down the list (out of 150) even though I ordered in about 18 hours. If this the case, I believe it will be related to allocation, prioritization, bribes, or ZEV. We’ll see…

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT

Based on the note on the bottom of page 12, you read that right. Base Lariat, for retail customers, does not allow upgrading to ER.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I believe there is an error in this guide (for the Lariat).

The Chart shows an MSRP of $67,474 for a Base Model (510A) (SR Battery) Lariat with Standards/Options listed below. It indicates Tow Technology is Standard.

But read further to the Battery & Driver Assist Summary and the Lariat Chart shows under 510A Tow Technology is Optional but Standard under 511A (which I will call the Lariat + or Lariat Premium). It cannot be right in both cases.

I also am happy that the $67,474 price for the Base Lariat has not changed since the June Survey and does include the Destination Charges in the MSRP (which I believe was increased last year).

If my estimates are right I believe I can get a fully loaded Lariat for $79,208.00, thereby staying under my $80,000.00 limit just in case a new tax credit law is passed this year limiting purchases of trucks to under $80,000.00.

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
Wow not looking great for me and the xlt+ extended. I’m one of my dealers 5 but I’m probably dead last. What do I buy a lariat + ex just to flip it?

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat 502A

Yeah, Lariat starts at 67k. Wonder what the plus would cost, 77k?
Sponsored