CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I wonder how having a Powerwall will affect home back up
I think if you have a Powerwall/solar you will have the grid transfer switch already...so maybe half the install is already done?
Sponsored

pjs128.g14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 FORD F-150 SUPER CREW PU/CC 4x4 XLT
Finally some details on the home backup system as well… looks like besides the charge station pro, customers also need to get home integration system which includes inverter and purchase back-up power activation. Need to see how much these extras will cost.
My interpretation is that you will only need the integration system to back-feed the house. I don't believe it will be necessary if all you plan to do is charge the truck.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think if you have a Powerwall/solar you will have the grid transfer switch already...so maybe half the install is already done?
I would think so, but I’m wondering if both would function the same or would they interfere with each other. Maybe I’ll give them a call to talk about it before.

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
B&P going live on 1/4, does that mean it will be live at 12am eastern 9pm pacific? either way I will be refreshing Ford.com past midnight on the west coast.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
As far as I know. I don't recall anyone (except Ford representatives) ever driving this pick up. If that is true, does anyone else have a problem not hearing from a third party about how it drives? All the reviews I seen, always had a Ford Rep driving while a reviewer was in the passenger seat trying to give his impressions.
I had this same thought with our MachE. I did get to drive a maniquin 2 days before we got ours and it completely put those fears to rest. As far as drive dynamics EVs are unmatched IMO. Stomping on the go pedal and zoom, all is right with the world.

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Something I noticed is it appears that a dealer-ordered vehicle for a customer links to a Ford Account which allows keeping up with the progress. I believe this is different than what happened with the Mach-E and Bronco where you're flying blind.

EDIT: Nevermind, I reread the notes and it seems like you won't be able to check status online? Although the screenshot shows the timeline on the page. Maybe you'll be able to track but just can't make changes to the order.
I just talked to my dealer about this - he seems to think you'll be able to check status online but admitted on the phone the lightning process is different than others before so there is a chance he is wrong.

My sales guy is big on me coming down and filling out paperwork with them so this topic got brought up.

Reading the slides again:

Upon Consumer consent from their Ford Account manage page, Dealer receives either “pending consent” status until consumer agree or declines. If consent is accepted by the consumer the default order configuration is sent to WBDO for the dealer to complete with the customer and submit for scheduling

^^ So it sounds like if you do it offline.. you consent and then it populates the very same online system (the dealership uses) with a default build that you go in and modify while there physically with the sales folks. Sure sounds like it'd still sync up with any online tracking that way, just as if it come in over the web with your full order details (because it's all the same system in the end).

Last edited:

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat 502A
I have that set up, if I went Lariat +, I would just sell the charge station pro. Also my HVAC compressor has an LRA of 83 Amps so I couldn’t run AC until I got a soft starter.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
I had this same thought with our MachE. I did get to drive a maniquin 2 days before we got ours and it completely put those fears to rest. As far as drive dynamics EVs are unmatched IMO. Stomping on the go pedal and zoom, all is right with the world.
I could swear there were plenty of reviewers reviewing the MachE. These reviewers actually drove the MachE as I recall. And yes, they liked it! I just don't know of any reviewers who have actually driven the Lightening. Almost like they had a bug or two that needed evicting first. I could be wrong. Maybe they have had some independent testers/reviewers actually drive the Lightening?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Here are the "Forecasted Configurations for 22MY" by percentage based on by carefully measuring the bar chart on page 11 (labelled page 12):
ModelPercent
XLT 312A Standard-Range Battery
3.7%​
Pro 110A Standard-Range Battery
4.8%​
XLT+ 312A Extended-Range Battery
6.1%​
XLT 311A Standard-Range Battery
8.7%​
Lariat 510A Standard-Range Battery
13.7%​
Platinum 710A Extended-Range Battery
18.7%​
Lariat+ 511A ER Extended-Range Battery
44.1%​

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Here are the "Forecasted Configurations for 22MY" by percentage based on by carefully measuring the bar chart on page 11:
ModelPercent
3.7%​
4.8%​
6.1%​
8.7%​
13.7%​
18.7%​
44.1%​
The Pro & XLT are going to sell out so fast lol.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Here are the "Forecasted Configurations for 22MY" by percentage based on by carefully measuring the bar chart on page 11:
ModelPercent
3.7%​
4.8%​
6.1%​
8.7%​
13.7%​
18.7%​
44.1%​
So chances of Joe Average taking possession of a Pro is about the same as rolling 4 dice and scoring 24. Who out there feels lucky?

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Good thing they have waves to throttle it….
I wonder if when my wave opens I should insta-lock in the build if that matters. I am glad I have everything I want picked out for each trim if I am forced to go up market. That is if I am even a MY22.
Sponsored