• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV reservations

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I put in a reservation immediately at 1:00 EST for one of the WT/RSTs that will not be available until summer 2024. It looks like the First Edition reservations are all already taken going back in and looking at the system. I am 2nd on the list at my dealership for the Lightning which would give me a couple years driving it before a Silverado would be available. I primarily like that the 800V system will allow DC fast charging at 2x the rate of the Lightning along with the increase of range from 300 miles with the ER Lightning to 400 miles with the Silverado.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You can't see the First Edition specs anymore because those reservations are apparently full but the First Edition was only available in white or black exterior with black interior. Sounds like a Henry Ford move!

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You can't see the First Edition specs anymore because those reservations are apparently full but the First Edition was only available in white or black exterior with black interior. Sounds like a Henry Ford move!
Not much different than only one interior color choice for each trim level of the F-150 Lightnings.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I reserved right at 10:00am west coast time, went for the First Edition then I saw the $105,000.00 price tag, gulp.

Went back in and reserved a WT / RST model at 10:05am, felt much better about the $39,995.00 starting price. we'll see how this plays out and which reservation I want to keep.

Update: I reserved at two different delerships, both have already reached out to me with an email from the GM at one wanting to talk, and a phone call from the sales mgr of the other. I wish Ford would communicate better like Chevy, it's like pulling teeth to get a call back from my Ford dealer.
Haha.. that is funny..I had same experience, I still have not heard from my Ford Dealer but the chevy dealer already called me. She didn't know squat about them as was mostly reaching out as a general lead follow-up and seeing if I needed anything sooner but still nice to get the phone call

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I just happened to have the reservation page up that indicated what was in the First Edition. I see the Hummer WTF mode has been renamed to WOW for the Silverado.
Ford F-150 Lightning Silverado EV reservations 1641412759773

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Haha.. that is funny..I had same experience, I still have not heard from my Ford Dealer but the chevy dealer already called me. She didn't know squat about them as was mostly reaching out as a general lead follow-up and seeing if I needed anything sooner but still nice to get the phone call
I didn’t see the reveal so when I saw 105k I almost just closed out the web page ?. Luckily I scrolled down a little and saw 40k. I think I’m going to do a deposit for the Rivian. Only one that will fit my garage.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I also had a similar experience. Getting responses from my Ford dealer is like pulling teeth and when I do hear from them, it's non-answers.

The Chevy dealer called me within minutes.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I also had a similar experience. Getting responses from my Ford dealer is like pulling teeth and when I do hear from them, it's non-answers.

The Chevy dealer called me within minutes.
Thats the opposite for me... Chevy sent out a generic email out to me, while Ford sent a customized Thank you email.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I got a text from Chevy dealer "I have some amazing news for you is there a good time I can reach out?" --- uuuh what?

Sure enough 30 minutes later the owner emails...please disregard any msg you got, sorry!

Same thing happened when I put in my Lightning order. These e-trucks really are messing up workflows they have in their back-ends haha

231 miles.
Source? Or are you jesting with it being +1 more than the Ford base? haha

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Not too sure i like buying a "new" EV Chevy Avalanche...
Agreed. I'll wait until they introduce their new electric GMC Envoy XUV.

Ford F-150 Lightning Silverado EV reservations 1641415782297

Some seriously crazy (but interesting) vehicles like the Avalanche and XUV got approved during the Bob Lutz era at GM.

Edit: Would also love to see an EV Solstice, Aztek, and SSR. Also an EV2.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I got a text from Chevy dealer "I have some amazing news for you is there a good time I can reach out?" --- uuuh what?

Sure enough 30 minutes later the owner emails...please disregard any msg you got, sorry!

Same thing happened when I put in my Lightning order. These e-trucks really are messing up workflows they have in their back-ends haha
I think you're right! My Chevy contact seemed to be somewhat lost as to how the whole thing even works, and I'm pretty sure they didn't know the EV Silverado launched today. But they were probably going through some automated workflow that's focused more on traditional vehicle launches.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Honestly would not be shocked if it was 231, just as a middle finger
Pretty sure Chevy did just that - tweaking the max torque to get to 780 just to one up Ford.
Sponsored