Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Did you get this fixed? I'm in the same boat where it doesn't show it's on. Have tried re-installing the app already though.
No, I removed the vehicle, signed out on app, cleared cache, deleted app, rebooted phone reinstalled app, logged in, added truck back. and NOTHING! LOL
Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I may be headed that way. $150 to fix it myself ?
And the satisfaction of getting it done!
It's your truck and you CAN have it 100% up to date with the most recent Ford build features.

The fella that convinced me to did so by revealing that 7, SEVEN different modules were eligible for updates! Not to mention his dealership had ordered him a new TCU module because his was supposedly bad.

But the real kicker was when I asked him to check and see if his FordPass App could now turn on the generator (Powerboost) remotely? He posted the screen shot below of the buttons returning to FordPass after strangely disappearing a few months ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update Preferences not working? D17C6BFB-2BD1-4D05-8E8A-7EB1CD2B5E26

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve got no on-board power and below lariat so I’m not missing a ton of features (securialert, the lights/horn honking, bug fixes?) but yeah I still agree that this is a bit ridiculous.

Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
Mine (built in May '21) is also affected - same symptoms as reported by others.

I've considered spending my time and money to correct the OTA failure problem, and I've decided to wait until the root issue is resolved by Ford, then let the dealer take care of it.

I understand that could be months away, but for now my truck is working fine, apart from this.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine (built in May '21) is also affected - same symptoms as reported by others.

I've considered spending my time and money to correct the OTA failure problem, and I've decided to wait until the root issue is resolved by Ford, then let the dealer take care of it.

I understand that could be months away, but for now my truck is working fine, apart from this.
I agree! Ford made this mess and they should fix it and under warranty. I'm also going to wait and have the dealer fix it if it's not taken care of via OTA. We've purchased these trucks with the promise of ota and I don't think we should have to pay one cent to access Ford's computers and software ourselves. If anything they should allow access to download and update with USB stick based on vin, without having to purchase any hardware. We've already paid handsomely to have free ota' s . We could all go and buy hardware and software to update the truck ourselves but it just becomes another thing to deal with, my 1k cell phone can update itself but my 70k truck cant! Wtf. 2 day access to Ford's website for access to files we should get for free, only to possibly not resolve, and find out 2 weeks later there's new versions to download and install again, for what another 50 bucks.. I'm sorry but that's a bunch of crap. This should be free. Yea, power up, power up what!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol
Nice Rant! Really, I mean that. Well put and a legitimate take.

Meanwhile, I'm making payments and would actually enjoy a few things that the updates promise. Soooooo, I guess I am letting Ford of the hook so to speak, but I was tired of waiting. And there is a theory that once you unclog specific OTA updates, the rest should flow as Ford intended.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I was told by my dealer that had been in contact with a Ford Engineer that the fix for "stuck" OTA updates will be February and will be at the dealer in early March for them to upload into my truck. Time will tell.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol
Nice Rant! Really, I mean that. Well put and a legitimate take.

Meanwhile, I'm making payments and would actually enjoy a few things that the updates promise. Soooooo, I guess I am letting Ford of the hook so to speak, but I was tired of waiting. And there is a theory that once you unclog specific OTA updates, the rest should flow as Ford intended.
Man I wish you lived right down the road from me because I'd be over there in a minute with a cooler full of beer and we would be laughing at ford and updating these trucks together! I think you're right that once ota gets over it's hump it will ultimately work correctly., guess I'm just not ready to bite the bullet yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Man I wish you lived right down the road from you because I'd be over there in a minute with a cooler full of beer and we would be laughing ford and updating these trucks together! I think you're right that once ota gets over it's hump it will ultimately work correctly., guess I'm just not ready to bite the bullet yet.
You'd be welcomed and I'd be happy to help. Probably could get one of the kids (in their 30's) to fire up the grill too.

It's a little chilly the last couple of days, but we could work in the barn to get out of the wind. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update Preferences not working? Screenshot_20210815-130956_Gallery

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You'd be welcomed and I'd be happy to help. Probably could get one of the kids (in their 30's) to fire up the grill too.

It's a little chilly the last couple of days, but we could work in the barn to get out of the wind. :)

Screenshot_20210815-130956_Gallery.jpg
Great looking shop you've got there, really nice! Medium rare. Please. And it 10 degrees in NJ tonight. Got to get down there so I can loose the front tag on my truck, love the lower grill on yours!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ummmm, actually as much as I might root for Texas, we legally still require a front plate.
I live rural though, and for whatever reason I don't get called on it. It could be I'm old and wearing a cowboy hat? ??

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was told by my dealer that had been in contact with a Ford Engineer that the fix for "stuck" OTA updates will be February and will be at the dealer in early March for them to upload into my truck. Time will tell.
To my understanding of the situation, Ford will be fixing the ota issue via an ota that may or may not be seen in Ford pass in mid February, and if that doesn't resolve the issue you should make an appointment in March.

Attachments

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To my understanding of the situation, Ford will be fixing the ota issue via an ota that may or may not be seen in Ford pass in mid February, and if that doesn't resolve the issue you should make an appointment in March.
Ah thanks. Guess I will wait until then. If it doesn’t fix itself in Feb will just do it myself ??‍♂
Sponsored