• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Per Alex on Autos, the Lariat ER at the Chicago Auto Show floor has 1,452 pounds of payload. This likely reflects weight penalties from items like the sunroof, nicer seats and power tailgate. We don't know if it it has the Max Tow Package and whether that would change payload capacities. We also don't know if capacities will change in production models.

Edit: ER models were to have a max payload of 1800 pounds vs 2000 pounds in the SR when properly configured. Seats, tailgate, sunroof, mostly make up the difference for the Lariat ER. I'd expect this to be even worse with the Platinum. The Lariat ER payload is mostly in line with high-trim, light-duty gasoline trucks and is about the same as our current Ram 1500 Limited V8 eTorque.

Sponsored

Last edited:

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I would guess that the biggest penalty is the ER battery vs SR, an extra 400 lbs.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Well that sucks. Now I'd love to know the payload difference between this and an XLT with all the options.

AB852

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Per Alex on Autos, the Lariat ER at the Chicago Auto Show floor has 1,452 pounds of payload. This likely reflects weight penalties from items like the sunroof, nicer seats and power tailgate. We don't know if it it has the Max Tow Package and whether that would change payload capacities. We also don't know if capacities will change in production models.

Edit: ER models were to have a max payload of 1800 pounds vs 2000 pounds in the SR when properly configured. Seats, tailgate, sunroof, mostly make up the difference for the Lariat ER. I'd expect this to be even worse with the Platinum. The Lariat ER payload is mostly in line with high-trim, light-duty gasoline trucks and is about the same as our current Ram 1500 Limited V8 eTorque.

I’m pretty sure that is a platinum model. Not lariat.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Two tone seats threw me off. All these trucks out right now are pre-production. So anything can change.
I agree on the pre-production. I think the Chicago Auto Show truck is a bit of a Frankenbuild. It has Lariat wheels, and what appears to be more of a Platinum interior (wood on certain spots). It also has seats that don't really match either a Lariat or a Platinum (two tone but more of a Lariat construction). It also seems to be missing any conspicuous badging identifying it as either.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I agree on the pre-production. I think the Chicago Auto Show truck is a bit of a Frankenbuild. It has Lariat wheels, and what appears to be more of a Platinum interior (wood on certain spots). It also has seats that don't really match either a Lariat or a Platinum (two tone but more of a Lariat construction). It also seems to be missing any conspicuous badging identifying it as either.
if you look carefully at the Charging door, you will see that it says Lariat. It is just hard to see.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The Payload Police won't give you a ticket if you over load it. :)

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Two tone seats threw me off. All these trucks out right now are pre-production. So anything can change.
I'm thinking the lariat actually is two-tone seats though. If you look closely at the interior in the build and price you can see a definate colour difference on the seats.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
The charging port has a Lariat badge. The interior trim and two-tone upholstery are consistent with other media and the images on the online configurator.

AB852

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The charging port has a Lariat badge. The interior trim and two-tone upholstery are consistent with other media and the images on the online configurator.
The lariat build and price is all black. Not two toned.

Ford F-150 Lightning Payload capacity on Lightning Lariat Extended Range : 1452 pounds (Updated: Now 1697 pounds in some configurations) 238948B4-5E04-4418-BA57-8683110F2160

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
No, it's two-toned (captured from 360 view).

Ford F-150 Lightning Payload capacity on Lightning Lariat Extended Range : 1452 pounds (Updated: Now 1697 pounds in some configurations) 1644890801834