• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JF Potvin

First Name
Jean-François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
Occupation
Perso
is there a way to check if there are updates available for my truck in frds without paying the 2 day license?
Sponsored

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I can do it for you, just PM your VIN

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I realized today that's its been a while since my Auto Start/Stop has kicked in and killed the engine at a stop. I took a drive around town today for errands and noticed that I'm currently sitting on "Engine on due to vehicle charging" as the reason it's not activating.

Anyone know if that could be the culprit of my APIM not kicking over? I don't feel like it should matter because the truck has to be running when APIM updates anyways.
I'm having similar problems with my truck, I'm not receiving ota's and was wondering myself if it has to do with the start stop eliminater I installed in June of 21, I haven't received an ota since then. I installed the wired piece from 4d tech. Pre-wired plug and play. May I ask how did you disable auto start stop?
Thanks

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm having similar problems with my truck, I'm not receiving ota's and was wondering myself if it has to do with the start stop eliminater I installed in June of 21, I haven't received an ota since then. I installed the wired piece from 4d tech. Pre-wired plug and play. May I ask how did you disable auto start stop?
Thanks
I didn't do anything to intentionally stop it. After a trip to Dallas and back I guess the battery got enough charge back and start/stop is working again. I don't drive this truck every day, more like ever 3-4 days and on the weekend so my guess is the battery doesn't stay to the higher level charge the truck likes.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Long time forum lurker, first time posting.

If anyone is in Canada and wants to get on this update your own vehicle train, I just ordered the VXDIAG tool from this site and had it within a week. $123 CAD with free shipping. Just make sure to select the non-wifi version and CAD.

Outside of wanting to have the latest and greatest updates for your vehicle, has anyone actually noticed a difference in the functionality or stability of a module after updating it? Like does your e-shifter shift better? Any noticeable difference in tranny shifting or engine behavior? Anything??

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost
Thank you Ice and Jesse. Successfully got 9/10 modules updated. Stuck on the apim at the moment with the usb in the truck. Should I do anything with the orange modules?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 405D106F-26DF-4C9A-BCAD-811C7341D137

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
I would run a self test on each one. Clear DTC and retest. If the DTC comes back then you will need to investigate further.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Just updated my GWM and have no idea what it did.
Strategy changed from ML3T-14H021-EAF TO ML3T-14H021-EAJ
The USB has the files below under "FordSoftwareUpdates"
Anyone got a clue?
ML3T-14H021-EAJ
ML3T-14J007-EAJ
ML3T-14J009-EAJ
MU5T-14H027-EG
MU5T-14H151-EG
MU5T-14H152-EG
MU5T-14H394-AAE

Last edited:

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So this is happening….

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 3F6473B2-C947-4713-B696-C6A86FEFEDE8

I was driving from picking up my kiddo and this popped up. Currently sitting on System Updating. How long does the APIM update take? Im trying not to jump for joy, I’ve had my heart broke before on this.

Edit - I'll be damned, it finally happened folks, it actually updated...

I can't thank yall enough for the help.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_1883

Last edited:

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
If I remember correctly I want to say about 20min from the 1.7 stuck version.

So this is happening….

3F6473B2-C947-4713-B696-C6A86FEFEDE8.jpeg

I was driving from picking up my kiddo and this popped up. Currently sitting on System Updating. How long does the APIM update take? Im trying not to jump for joy, I’ve had my heart broke before on this.

RapidRedRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost
I can do it for you, just PM your VIN
2021 Powerboost Pkg.701A

SYNC 4, Software Version:20312_PRODUCT
Revision:243

Hello - I have never received an OTA update notice in my truck or my FordPass app.. I can lock and unlock doors and start my truck from my FordPass App. but I have lost the ability to control my Zone Lighting or Pro Power from the FordPass App.
I took my truck to a dealer who said they could not work on it until an update from Ford comes in Feb or March. I needed an oil change so I took it to a different Ford dealer for the oil change and I ask him to update modules as I was not getting any OTA updates. This Ford dealership said the APIM was faulty and they would order one but also said it could be months before it comes in.
After reading through this forum, I am wondering if I have a faulty APIM, or if I should try and do the updates myself.
Thoughts?

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
So this is happening….

3F6473B2-C947-4713-B696-C6A86FEFEDE8.jpeg

Edit - I'll be damned, it finally happened folks, it actually updated...

I can't thank yall enough for the help.

IMG_1883.jpg
Did you do anything differently? Just left it plugged in for days? Im still waiting for mine ? going on 10 days now of waiting for it to go.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Did you do anything differently? Just left it plugged in for days? Im still waiting for mine ? going on 10 days now of waiting for it to go.
I didn’t do anything today, it just happened. I’ve master reset a dozen times, reset the GWM & APIM twice as much and nothing ever happened. It surprised the hell out of me today. I’ve had the USB in for I think a month now.
Sponsored