• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
So this is happening….

3F6473B2-C947-4713-B696-C6A86FEFEDE8.jpeg

I was driving from picking up my kiddo and this popped up. Currently sitting on System Updating. How long does the APIM update take? Im trying not to jump for joy, I’ve had my heart broke before on this.

Edit - I'll be damned, it finally happened folks, it actually updated...

I can't thank yall enough for the help.

IMG_1883.jpg
I am so happy for you man! Believe or not, every time I visited this thread I was specifically looking for your post that you”ve done it. And you’ve DONE IT!! Good job man!
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I am so happy for you man! Believe or not, every time I visited this thread I was specifically looking for your post that you”ve done it. And you’ve DONE IT!! Good job man!
Thanks man, yall having faith that it would happen kept my hopes up. No freaking clue why it suddenly clicked over, but I'll take it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's absolutely no wonder Ford dealerships don't want, or can't even begin to deal with something as stupid as this.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Thanks man, yall having faith that it would happen kept my hopes up. No freaking clue why it suddenly clicked over, but I'll take it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's absolutely no wonder Ford dealerships don't want, or can't even begin to deal with something as stupid as this.
This might be a really good time to punch into FDRS and see if you can update to the most recent version of the APIM software. If it takes, you are probably home free.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
This might be a really good time to punch into FDRS and see if you can update to the most recent version of the APIM software. If it takes, you are probably home free.
Yeah I probably should do that to get all up to date. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have bought the 1 month license....GRRRRR

Since I was so focused on getting past the hump, updating APIM again would essentially get me up to Powerup 2.3.whatever right?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Glad to see @speedracercjr!

Once you have that done yes you’ll have a date way update and then the apim and tcu and then another gateway update and then you should be fully up to date.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah I probably should do that to get all up to date. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have bought the 1 month license....GRRRRR

Since I was so focused on getting past the hump, updating APIM again would essentially get me up to Powerup 2.3.whatever right?
Given what you’ve been through, were I in your shoes I’d gladly pay $50 if it could lock in my updates and set me up for the future. I’d hate to see you miss the window of opportunity like last time.

I think Jesse has answered your questions about updating. The TCU and APIM updates you have pending will get you 2.3.0. There should be a gateway update that will get you to 2.4.1. There should be an earlier gateway update as Jesse mentioned but I’m not sure if you’ll be offered the later one instead. Just keep updating till FDRS stops offering new ones.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Given what you’ve been through, were I in your shoes I’d gladly pay $50 if it could lock in my updates and set me up for the future. I’d hate to see you miss the window of opportunity like last time.

I think Jesse has answered your questions about updating. The TCU and APIM updates you have pending will get you 2.3.0. There should be a gateway update that will get you to 2.4.1. There should be an earlier gateway update as Jesse mentioned but I’m not sure if you’ll be offered the later one instead. Just keep updating till FDRS stops offering new ones.
100% agree, here we go again!

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Have you had a chance to look over the doc I created? Put a lot of time in it and would love to have everything together. Thx!

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation

Personally, I'm getting the 30 day one. If there's anyone in or near the Wilmington, NC area maybe we can all get together and split the cost and just use my laptop, battery maintainer, etc....

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum

Since you are out of this 1.7.1 "limbo purgatory" subsequent updates should be easy-breezy and quite enjoyable! Go for it! If you run into any further issues, just hit me up. I'll help wherever I can.

As a side note, avoid Network Scan in FDRS. You'll be just fine without it and can still update your modules

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Have you had a chance to look over the doc I created? Put a lot of time in it and would love to have everything together. Thx!
Your doc version of the guide has been published. Thank you for creating it

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Your doc version of the guide has been published. Thank you for creating it
My pleasure! If anything new needs to be added or changed, please let me know. I went through this entire post and added additional items that were needed. This was originally for my use but wanted to share in hopes that it helps others.