• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Thank you very much for this thread! @iceman77

I spent quite a while yesterday trying to update my truck with FRDS only to get stuck on the USB update restart to complete the update loop.
Today I was able to update the TCU, GWM (x2), APIM (x2).

Steps I used:
  • Waited for the restart to complete the update prompt displayed on SYNC.
  • Pressed the Close button and shut the truck off.
  • Left the driver door cracked
  • Set a timer on my watch (12min for each of the APIM and TCU updates and 32 min for each GWM).
This process worked perfectly every time after that.

Now that I'm all caught up now SYNC4 (22181) I noticed a few changes.
  • New Audio Screen design.
  • As mentioned above the Cruise Control menu bug exists but I'm curious if others noticed their Intelligent Cruise option is missing?
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 2
  • It seems this build is ready for BlueCruise.
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 3
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 4
  • The Update Scheduling page has been redesigned and allows you to select multiple days during the week.
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 5
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 6
  • There is now an Update Now button
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 7
  • I noticed a new line at the bottom of the Versions page :)
    Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 8
I might be wrong but I believe all we need is the IPC and possibly CMR updates for BlueCruise to be functional on Job 1's.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
@tonesto7 are you a Job 1 truck? If so then FDRS has unlocked bluecruise.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@tonesto7 are you a Job 1 truck? If so then FDRS has unlocked bluecruise.
Yeah, it's job 1.
I bought it in March 2021, but it was built in Oct 2020 I believe.

It may have unlocked it but I believe I need an IPC update to support the BlueCruise UI in the cluster. I need to take it out for a drive to confirm that is true.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Weird, I have a Job 1 with 21281 Sync and I don’t have the “Activation Prompts” under Cruise Control menu.

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
Yeah, it's job 1.
I bought it in March 2021, but it was built in Oct 2020 I believe.

It may have unlocked it but I believe I need an IPC update to support the BlueCruise UI in the cluster. I need to take it out for a drive to confirm that is true.
I just updated all my modules last Friday and I do not have the items you are showing, so this must be hot off the Ford press. I guess I will be getting a new license today and rearranging my plans for tonight.

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just updated all my modules last Friday and I do not have the items you are showing, so this must be hot off the Ford press. I guess I will be getting a new license today and rearranging my plans for tonight.
Might want to wait. I will take my truck out this evening and see if Bluecruise activates.
I still think the IPC needs to be updated because the JOB2 trucks have different firmware with more As-built blocks.

No sense wasting $50 just to get your sync updated with options you can't use.

I can tell you this! If Ford has the IPC firmware ready but isn't publishing it yet I'm going to be pissed because my license expires tomorrow for FRDS.
Why would they release part of the BlueCruise required software and not the rest? Creates too many inconsistencies.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
No Bluecruise here yet either. Build was Feb 2021
I'm on the same sync version... Even though couple weeks ago did the fdrs thing.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
No Bluecruise here yet either. Build was Feb 2021
I'm on the same sync version... Even though couple weeks ago did the fdrs thing.
Do your settings match mine? I'm curious about the hands-free date in the versions menu.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Do your settings match mine? I'm curious about the hands-free date in the versions menu.
Nope, don't have it. At least not yesterday. I can go check in a lil bit.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nope, don't have it. At least not yesterday. I can go check in a lil bit.
I think altogether I did 4 or 5 updates to the GWM and I was already at Power-up 2.1.0 and all the previous updates.

Sponsored

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
Might want to wait. I will take my truck out this evening and see if Bluecruise activates.
I still think the IPC needs to be updated because the JOB2 trucks have different firmware with more As-built blocks.

No sense wasting $50 just to get your sync updated with options you can't use.

I can tell you this! If Ford has the IPC firmware ready but isn't publishing it yet I'm going to be pissed because my license expires tomorrow for FRDS.
Why would they release part of the BlueCruise required software and not the rest? Creates too many inconsistencies.
I am not good at waiting. What will it take for you to go drive it now, the suspense is killing me.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Thank you very much for this thread! @iceman77

I spent quite a while yesterday trying to update my truck with FRDS only to get stuck on the USB update restart to complete the update loop.
Today I was able to update the TCU, GWM (x2), APIM (x2).

Steps I used:
  • Waited for the restart to complete the update prompt displayed on SYNC.
  • Pressed the Close button and shut the truck off.
  • Left the driver door cracked
  • Set a timer on my watch (12min for each of the APIM and TCU updates and 32 min for each GWM).
This process worked perfectly every time after that.

Now that I'm all caught up now SYNC4 (22181) I noticed a few changes.
  • New Audio Screen design.
  • As mentioned above the Cruise Control menu bug exists but I'm curious if others noticed their Intelligent Cruise option is missing?
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
  • It seems this build is ready for BlueCruise.
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
  • The Update Scheduling page has been redesigned and allows you to select multiple days during the week.
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
  • There is now an Update Now button
    7.jpg
  • I noticed a new line at the bottom of the Versions page :)
    8.jpg
I might be wrong but I believe all we need is the IPC and possibly CMR updates for BlueCruise to be functional on Job 1's.
This is really interesting! What your SYNC is showing is consistent with my 2022 F-150 with active BlueCruise. My old '21 Job 1 truck did not have "Lance Centering with Handsfree" (this option actually activates BlueCruise. The "Activation Prompts" just notifies you on your IPC that you are driving on a road that is BlueCruise approved and you can activate it by pressing the Cruise Control button on steering wheel. It has nothing to do with BC feature activation.

Also, BlueCruise is suscription based service that needs activation (just like your connected navigatation). You should get a BC activation notification in your FordPass app.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
The "Intelligent Cruise Control" feature has been deprecated in SYNC 21281 version (if you check 2.3.0 OTA release notes it states just that). You should only see Normal and Adaptive Cruise Control selections.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just checked: No BC option on bottom
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 59A176E1-6628-49F8-BDB3-AD3EB756BD79
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1E62E9F2-5305-4965-9FD1-46289FCB057A
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 466436D4-1602-4A20-B989-601EEC4C6080

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is really interesting! What your SYNC is showing is consistent with my 2022 F-150 with active BlueCruise. My old '21 Job 1 truck did not have "Lance Centering with Handsfree" (this option actually activates BlueCruise. The "Activation Prompts" just notifies you on your IPC that you are driving on a road that is BlueCruise approved and you can activate it by pressing the Cruise Control button on steering wheel. It has nothing to do with BC feature activation.

Also, BlueCruise is suscription based service that needs activation (just like your connected navigatation). You should get a BC activation notification in your FordPass app.
My suspicion is correct... I still need the IPC update for this to work. I just took it out on the highway real quick and it only used Adaptive Cruise.
It sucks that my 2-day license expires tomorrow for FRDS. I'm sure the IPC update will likely be released the day after it expires (sarcasm)
Sponsored