Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I fully expect to receive a very similar email 1 year from today! ???

Maybe, just maybe I will get a shot at a 2024 model. I've always known that, so not really surprised
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Here’s where we are with F‑150 Lightning orders.
CRAIG, thank you for reserving the F‑150® Lightning™ truck and joining us on this game‑changing journey.

We promised to keep you updated along the way, so we want you to know: all invitations to order a 2022 model year have been sent. We expect invitations to order future model years to begin this summer.

We realize that’s a long wait, so when we say, “Thank you for your patience,” we mean it. We are working on increasing production and will let you know when the ordering process begins.

Rest assured, your reservation still stands, and you can view the details below. If you decide to cancel your reservation, we understand. But we hope you’ll stick with us on this epic ride.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Got same email.

I am bummed!:(
Yup,I just got the same e-mail of course...But before I walk away for a break from the circus....I've been wanting to tell you for a while...."NICE FISH"
Cheers,Scott

psiphre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
computer guy
got the same email myself. very disappointed, i thought with a reservation number in the 18ks i'd have a shot at a truck this year.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I am not surprised and ready for the wait. I was ready to spend 70k when 60k is what I wanted to spend. Now this makes me wait for what I really want.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Interesting.

The highest scheduling VIN# I have seen is 005900.
A long way from 15,000 MY2022s.
‘Lowest VIN has been 002900 so I am guessing the 0-2900 must be dealers stock.
Fleet orders must be making up a large segment of MY2022?

I did not receive this letter as I ordered 2/04/22 so I guess that confirms I got very lucky.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Really poor handling by Ford. I am fine with not getting an order even with day of ressie. They should have been more forthcoming. Should I just order a Tremor?

azuano3654

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Guess I will keep my $100 reservation intact and hope an early 2023 shows up....

In the meantime, my wife said to order the MME for her.....
Ford stopped taking 2022 MME model year orders last month...

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
It’s a bummer but also better to get 23 underway and probably get some out before year end. For those saying it was handled poorly… I’m not sure what you expect to do when there’s 200,000 orders for something that hasn’t had any production yet. They can’t send a daily update. All in all they’ve stayed true to the schedule they laid out at the reveal which is pretty amazing all things considered. If what you aren’t happy with is the perceived “order they went in” you’re not going to get any better with GM or anyone else new to the game. People are waiting on everything these days. They have a reason and rationale to the order they went in and it’s obviously multi factored (date, model, state, etc) it’s just near impossible to keep all 200,000 people happy. We can’t even get 4 people around my dinner table to agree on something… good luck with 200,000. Stay positive and keep watching out! If you bow out, hopefully you’re satisfied wherever you go. Have a great weekend! ?

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
So does this mean if you got an invite and ordered it will be built? Or if it hasn’t been scheduled it won’t be built?
I ordered mine but it hasn’t been scheduled

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Not too long of a wait till this summer. Hopefully they have more Pros with the tax credit effectively gone that's the only one I will order anyway.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford stopped taking 2022 MME model year orders last month...
I know, I just placed a 2023 MME order online with a $500 deposit.
At least the MME will arrive in 5-6 months...

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, Honda Odyssey, Triumph Thunderbird
Here’s where we are with F‑150 Lightning orders.
WILLIAM, thank you for reserving the F‑150® Lightning™ truck and joining us on this game‑changing journey.
We promised to keep you updated along the way, so we want you to know: all invitations to order a 2022 model year have been sent. We expect invitations to order future model years to begin this summer.
We realize that’s a long wait, so when we say, “Thank you for your patience,” we mean it. We are working on increasing production and will let you know when the ordering process begins.
Rest assured, your reservation still stands, and you can view the details below. If you decide to cancel your reservation, we understand. But we hope you’ll stick with us on this epic ride.​

that settles my dilemma. I didn't know what I would do if my order came up, since I just bought a Ranger last year and was going to have to make an expensive decision. Now it is delayed for a while. Disappointed, but probably for the best. Without the $12,500 rebate we were hoping for and the $40k pro, this becomes a more-difficult choice. I can probably afford it, but I"m already stretched pretty thin with two kids in college one more in private school and my bills aren't getting any lower. Plus my motorcycles and woodworking hobbies aren't helping.

Last edited:

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
Same email...........not really surprised and, to be honest, I'm not disappointed. Gives me time to decide whether to trade/sell the Mach E or the 18 F150
Sponsored