• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
Just realized. If you're referring to the radio power button and fast fast forward, that resets the modem. Didnt help. Now if you mean a master reset, well...
Sorry, busy day and did not read it fully. I hold the volume down and track forward buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds and it hard boots the APIM. Basically the two outer buttons on the steering wheel.
Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Sorry, busy day and did not read it fully. I hold the volume down and track forward buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds and it hard boots the APIM. Basically the two outer buttons on the steering wheel.
Does the hands free option only show up after BC has changed from “Activation Pending” to “Activated”? I’ve done all the updates, reset the APIM, GWM and TCU through Forscan and I don’t see the hands free driving option anywhere in the APIM yet.

curious if you could post a picture of what you’re seeing as well?

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
Does the hands free option only show up after BC has changed from “Activation Pending” to “Activated”? I’ve done all the updates, reset the APIM, GWM and TCU through Forscan and I don’t see the hands free driving option anywhere in the APIM yet.

curious if you could post a picture of what you’re seeing as well?
It showed up before I received the activation notice. The option should be under features, driver assist then cruise control. See picture.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Handsfree

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
It showed up before I received the activation notice. The option should be under features, driver assist then cruise control. See picture.

Handsfree.jpg
That's there already. Just did a real hardset and still looks the same. Says hands free.
now I have to re-enter them all again. Oh well.
I didnt get any emails and/or info to activate it.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Does everyone who has recently updated their IPMA have the same values as below in the AB data? Also what did you use? Mongoose or Ford VCM?

C0ABD59F-EA72-4B92-8F31-4222D024A7CF.jpeg
Interestingly these values are now gone in my AB information after the latest rounds of updates.

Just for the sake of things I re-ran all the available updates even though they didn’t clear and then allowed it to re-run a network scan. All my AB info looks good now.

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
That's there already. Just did a real hardset and still looks the same. Says hands free.
now I have to re-enter them all again. Oh well.
I didnt get any emails and/or info to activate it.
The first pic is what I got after the APIM update and the second was within minutes in FordPass

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220317_122301

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_20220317-134533_FordPass

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
OMG... this reboot loop is so annoying... How hard is it for Ford to return any messages on the display about why it didn't boot into the new update?

Like a low battery, no parking brake, too hot outside, etc.

I know I need my battery replaced but it usually charges up to 95% health.
Seriously though something is chewing through power today. I have my charger on 20amp and it's barely bringing the voltage above 12.7.
It's never done that before.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The first pic is what I got after the APIM update and the second was within minutes in FordPass

20220317_122301.jpg

Screenshot_20220317-134533_FordPass.jpg
Got same screen as you but nada from FP
Frustrating.

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

20220317_122301.jpg

Screenshot_20220317-134533_FordPass.jpg
Lucky! I’m still waiting for mine to change from “Activation Pending”. Hope this isn’t a US/Canada thing where is Canadians get shafted and have to continue to wait.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
OMG... this reboot loop is so annoying... How hard is it for Ford to return any messages on the display about why it didn't boot into the new update?

Like a low battery, no parking brake, too hot outside, etc.

I know I need my battery replaced but it usually charges up to 95% health.
Seriously though something is chewing through power today. I have my charger on 20amp and it's barely bringing the voltage above 12.7.
It's never done that before.
You'll be fine with anything 12v or higher. Why don't you fail it like I stated earlier and go the CANBUS route? You would've been done already.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You don't need it. I drove to work with BC and no activation.
I believe you do. I was running on BC highways today and nothing. Just regular hands free.