• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
thanks!
For those who have gotten BC to work, are there any AsBuilt changes to make?
No, mine just started working. I checked the ford website and I am still "waiting on activation" but eveything works.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS BC
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Nothing on my end yet. Said something when I engaged cruise control to be ready to resume. Went on a bc designated highway and just the usual hands free except now instead of it nagging you in 15 secs, now you get 20secs.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No, mine just started working. I checked the ford website and I am still "waiting on activation" but eveything works.

BC.jpg
I dont get that screen. Only clue I have is in the about screen mentioning it. Cant find anything anywhere else?

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Also, when I did the APIM update the message about "remove the usb" flashed on the screen and disappeared in about 1 second so pay attention in case that happens to you.

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Kinda dumb question for powerboost hybrid vehicles -- do you press the start button before updating via USB and connecting the Mongoose or just plug things in and NOT press the start button? The hybrids don't have that KOEO key position since they just have the on/off start button.

My Mongoose arrives tomorrow and I have all updates from after 1.7.1 to do, so getting ready for a long weekend of updates!

Sponsored

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
Just received my activation email, so I guess I am official.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_20220317-115037

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Kinda dumb question for powerboost hybrid vehicles -- do you press the start button before updating via USB and connecting the Mongoose or just plug things in and NOT press the start button? The hybrids don't have that KOEO key position since they just have the on/off start button.

My Mongoose arrives tomorrow and I have all updates from after 1.7.1 to do, so getting ready for a long weekend of updates!
If you push the start button WITHOUT your foot on the brake pedal, that is KOEO

Edit: be sure you have the battery hooked to an appropriate charger. The Powerboost has a really good 12V system, but it still needs help during those loooooong updates

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
I dont get that screen. Only clue I have is in the about screen mentioning it. Cant find anything anywhere else?
Do a hard reboot on the APIM. then check under driver features., there should be a Hands free driving mode.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Do a hard reboot on the APIM. then check under driver features., there should be a Hands free driving mode.
Hard boot being holding power and fast forward down until it reboots?

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Thanks! The recommended power supply and USB flash drive arrived yesterday, so just waiting on the Mongoose tomorrow. Will download the software and purchase the license tomorrow as well.

If you push the start button WITHOUT your foot on the brake pedal, that is KOEO

Edit: be sure you have the battery hooked to an appropriate charger. The Powerboost has a really good 12V system, but it still needs help during those loooooong updates

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Thanks! The recommended power supply and USB flash drive arrived yesterday, so just waiting on the Mongoose tomorrow. Will download the software and purchase the license tomorrow as well.
Just in case my use of acronym is wrong, I intended KOEO to mean keyon/engine off

To me the acronym doesn't make sense. Lol

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
For vehicles with old fashion keys, you turn the key to "accessory on" but not all the way to turn the engine on. Hence, Key On, but Engine Off.

With the start buttons, it is murky on how that might be accomplished.

Just in case my use of acronym is wrong, I intended KOEO to mean keyon/engine off

To me the acronym doesn't make sense. Lol

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just realized. If you're referring to the radio power button and fast fast forward, that resets the modem. Didnt help. Now if you mean a master reset, well...
Sponsored