• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Yes but first it asked me to restart to complete update and I did that. But I might have messed up after restart I didn’t let it tell me to pull USB
Yea, it has to finish some procedure when it says "to complete the update restart the truck". So you shut the truck down, open the door, and many folks wait for several minutes before restarting the truck. Then you wait patiently for the Sync screen to inform you success and to remove the USB stick.
Then you tell FDRS Yes, and it runs the file verification against the module.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
So I haven't received any OTA updates (built in March '21, picked up October '21). Dealership tried to apply updates and failed twice back in November. I just received the Nano but am leaning towards returning it because it hasn't been consistent for yall.

Also just got back from a 3 day vacation and I think my battery's bad and/or the modules need to be reprogrammed. Maybe this is why I haven't received any updates at all. I think this may be related to TSB 21-2097.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_20220316_180937783

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_20220316_182933422

It's frustrating because the dealership won't update ALL of the modules and apparently they outsource to a third party. In my opinion, trucks (or any computer system) should have the latest firmware/version applied when purchased. Are you listening Ford?

Does anyone mind showing what updates are available for my PB?
1FTFW1CD4MFB48166

topgun964

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Raptor
Could I get a recommended order for the updates I have? Any idea how long each one "should" take?

PCM
DDM
PDM
DCACA
GWM
DSP
TRM

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Whelp, 2 hours on the phone with Ford and there is nothing they can do. They see I have received no OTAs since last Nov which failed. They said at the end of this quarter, (2 weeks), the remaining waves of fixes should come down from the mothership or the dealer. I'm not holding my breath because they have seen NO updates in my history since the failed ones. We all know people have been getting occasional updates reported as FP message and so on. Hence, will I ever get one? Who knows.
I was at the dealer today getting the drive shaft recall looked at.

I was telling the service desk guy about the whole 1.7.1 thing and asked if he had herd anything. Explained theres a whole army of people online solving this.

He looked at me like a grew a second head. He hasn't heard anything about it but this is a Ford dealer in a smaller town near by.

The messaging on Ford's part has been atrocious. I would certainly take a year or life time license for FRDS as compensation for my pain and suffering. :LOL:

graves1907

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction Manager
I don't see how it can affect warranty from the perspective that we are using Ford software to deliver Ford updates to a Ford truck using legal licenses to do so.

It's exactly what the dealership would do with your truck in their bay. Except they aren't nearly as good at it, don't want to do it, and wouldn't listen to "the internet" to save their lives. Lol
Exactly, incredibly frustrating but not surprising. Thank you for the help!

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Thank you!! Any of these updates take over an hour?
Possible that the GWM will be close to that and if you fail and have to do a CANBUS update it can take much, much longer.