Sponsored

Trailer brake not working

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
We have a camping trip in two weeks. Since this reprogram hasn't been in the wild yet nor tested by large number of people, I'm debating whether to proceed or wait until after our trip. I'd hate for this to cause another or worse bug. I've only had the failure once in a few trips and there is a work around, albeit means stopping for 15+ mins. Am I being paranoid or is the risk/reward worth waiting or should I just get it done asap ?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
We have a camping trip in two weeks. Since this reprogram hasn't been in the wild yet nor tested by large number of people, I'm debating whether to proceed or wait until after our trip. I'd hate for this to cause another or worse bug. I've only had the failure once in a few trips and there is a work around, albeit means stopping for 15+ mins. Am I being paranoid or is the risk/reward worth waiting or should I just get it done asap ?
I’m in the same boat and it’s certainly a reasonable concern. However, I plan to apply the update as soon as I can get my hands on it. Unlike the update to the TRM released earlier this month, this TRM update is being released as part of a recall. It would be a big financial risk for Ford to recall thousands of trucks to install software that didn’t work or that it hadn’t tested thoroughly. It happens, but I’m less concerned this time.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
I’m in the same boat and it’s certainly a reasonable concern. However, I plan to apply the update as soon as I can get my hands on it. Unlike the update to the TRM released earlier this month, this TRM update is being released as part of a recall. It would be a big financial risk for Ford to recall thousands of trucks to install software that didn’t work or that it hadn’t tested thoroughly. It happens, but I’m less concerned this time.
Got appt with a dealer for Friday. Thanks!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got appt with a dealer for Friday. Thanks!
Good luck. You might want to call your dealer tomorrow before going in on Friday. The software still hasn’t been posted to FDRS yet, so the dealer might not know it doesn’t have it. Hate to see you waste the trip.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I got the same recall notice this morning and I don't even have my truck yet (Blend date 1-11-2022) on hold...

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So if we apply the update via FDRS would that clear the recall notice? Does the dealership do something on another system that shows the recall was fixed?

What I'm getting at is I don't mind applying the fix via FDRS myself, but don't want the dealer being stupid the next time I take it in for whatever and they see a recall exists for that when in reality its been fixed.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So if we apply the update via FDRS would that clear the recall notice? Does the dealership do something on another system that shows the recall was fixed?

What I'm getting at is I don't mind applying the fix via FDRS myself, but don't want the dealer being stupid the next time I take it in for whatever and they see a recall exists for that when in reality its been fixed.
Unknown territory here. We know that trucks that have been manually updated eventually self-report. My hope is that by self reporting, Ford eventually gets notice of the update and clears the recall automatically. If that doesn’t happen, I will just schedule a time to go to my dealer for routine maintenance, let them know that the update had already been installed and have them just confirm it for their records. If they do an FDRS network scan, they’ll see that the software isn’t even being presented to them for install. So, no worry about them repeating the install.

Sponsored

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
thanks for the heads up on the recall notice - got an appointment for next week. a few days later going on a 1000+ mile roadtrip with Airstream, will report back if I have any issues after the trip...

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
thanks for the heads up on the recall notice - got an appointment for next week. a few days later going on a 1000+ mile roadtrip with Airstream, will report back if I have any issues after the trip...
Please report back after the trip. We are all waiting to see if this fix is real.

patmendes2000

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi Wayne. Did the dealer state the remedy was available?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Wayne. Did the dealer state the remedy was available?
As of today it is not available. Several of us on the ECU programming thread are monitoring FDRS—the system Ford dealers use to download software for module updates. Nothing yet and no clear ETA. Should be any day.
Sponsored