First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
There has to be something holding you guys back at this point.
I think we have to consider that maybe the the lower trim lines don't have the updates published yet. Ford has a lot of pressure on it to deliver BlueCruise, so maybe the trucks that don't have features required by BC (12" cluster, 360 cameras, etc) are lagging behind and we will see those updates in the coming months. Considering 2.4+ were really only designed for the Early Access members and not for public consumption, I think is a very real possibility.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think we have to consider that maybe the the lower trim lines don't have the updates published yet. Ford has a lot of pressure on it to deliver BlueCruise, so maybe the trucks that don't have features required by BC (12" cluster, 360 cameras, etc) are lagging behind and we will see those updates in the coming months. Considering 2.4+ were really only designed for the Early Access members and not for public consumption, I think is a very real possibility.
I was thinking this also I just have no way to know. I dont see why they update their gateway and not hte apim though. Most everyone that has not gotten an update is the apim. All the apims are the same.

They got the Gateway update that we got. Im an XL and I got them all. My truck though is a bit of a science experiment as JEB says. Nothing in it is as it came from ford.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Jesse,
Since our trucks have been going through chip shortages, could we be missing running modules? My first blend date was 7/6 and then got pushed to 7/26 I believe, I was not ramped anywhere since it a few weeks difference in blends. Does my module count look correct on each bus based on what options I have? Shooting in the dark here...
---- EDIT---- I pulled another XLT VIN and the same modules appeared... so that is not it... back to the drawing board I guess.... :(

XLT 302 high 4x4 sport pkg SCREW
5.0L
8" cluster with 12" center stack
360 cams with Co pilot assist
Tow tech package

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1648642416970

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse,
Since our trucks have been going through chip shortages, could we be missing running modules? My first blend date was 7/6 and then got pushed to 7/26 I believe, I was not ramped anywhere since it a few weeks difference in blends. Does my module count look correct on each bus based on what options I have? Shooting in the dark here...

XLT 302 high 4x4 sport pkg SCREW
5.0L
8" cluster with 12" center stack
360 cams with Co pilot assist
Tow tech package

1648642416970.png
Looks Good. We could be right. the non BC cars arent getting the full package. You say you did not get a CCM update.? You got an IPMA update. Could be the 22034 Update is tied to another module update. Hard to say honestly. I would need @iceman77 to look at the developer side of things. Like the update prerequisites. I believe they have some notes that he can see or make sense of.

Im not a developer.. SO I dont speak that language. If anyone is and maybe take a look at the update packages in the log and find anything that specifies anything that would be helpful. I saw @antho has done something similar before where he showed an update that it had some notes. Maybe he can did into the XLT vins and see if he sees anything.

Anyone that has the capability or knowledge is welcome to help. Its out of my league.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Looks Good. We could be right. the non BC cars arent getting the full package. You say you did not get a CCM update.? You got an IPMA update. Could be the 22034 Update is tied to another module update. Hard to say honestly. I would need @iceman77 to look at the developer side of things. Like the update prerequisites. I believe they have some notes that he can see or make sense of.

Im not a developer.. SO I dont speak that language. If anyone is and maybe take a look at the update packages in the log and find anything that specifies anything that would be helpful. I saw @antho has done something similar before where he showed an update that it had some notes. Maybe he can did into the XLT vins and see if he sees anything.

Anyone that has the capability or knowledge is welcome to help. Its out of my league.
I received the IPMA, CCM, PSCM updates in the beginning of March. The only issue I ran into was after the install of the IPMA it gave me a configuration error, I did the reinstall and it went through all the module configurations again one by one on its own (IT did not reinstall the update itself, good thing it.... was long enough) All my DTC's cleared at that point. I did not realize before I started, i had downloaded all three SW updates and went to install CCM first, it gave me an error. I logged out of FDRS and reconnected to truck and only downloaded the CCM module and it kicked off right away.

on 21281 v244

Since Feb I have completed the following updates: TRM, DDM, PDM, IPC, CCM, PSCM, IPMA, GSM, GWM. The only update out of them all that asked for a USB stick was the GWM.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I made the Forscan change to fix the running boards after the DSM update.

I'm now noticing they don't deploy on approach. The setting is on for it. Anyone else experience this? Is there possibly another Forscan change to fix?
Check 744-23-01, what is your data in this line?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor

Yeah, I can look for some job 1 XLT's when i get a chance. Would have to find some that have updated or tried to update rather.
Here's what it shows.

0000 0000 006F
This would enable approach PRB
0100 0000 006F

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah, I can look for some job 1 XLT's when i get a chance. Would have to find some that have updated or tried to update rather.

0100 0000 006F
Im sure any of these guys will provide a vin.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT

0100 0000 006F
I have a Job 1, May 6 2021, but can’t get APIM to update and since I tried the TSB that update disappeared.

XLT 302A
8” Cluster
No 360 Cams

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Antho-
I sent you a PM. It’s about APIM ver for us in XLT 8” cluster trucks.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I'm currently in the same boat after getting up to Sync 244. Hoping a long nap and perhaps something in an overnight batch on Ford's servers will get me back in business tomorrow.
Long nap was successful and I'm up to SYNC 358. Letting the truck take a short nap (e.g. let the blue USB lights turn off) after loading the final GWM update as that seems to help make everything come back to life.

All my Orange modules are now green, save for PSCM which is gray. Not sure if that's something to worry about or can be safely ignored.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
You've got a couple now, but adding one more:
  • stuck on 21281 v244
  • XLT 302A with 360 cams
  • no copilot assist (so no CCM vs Ebrou who does have this)
  • VIN -> 1FTFW1E84MKE02174
Just found the "App Log" stuff in FDRS so have been taking a look as all those java stack traces are interesting (software dev here). Haven't seen anything super interesting in there yet tho...

Last edited:

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Long nap was successful and I'm up to SYNC 358. Letting the truck take a short nap (e.g. let the blue USB lights turn off) after loading the final GWM update as that seems to help make everything come back to life.

All my Orange modules are now green, save for PSCM which is gray. Not sure if that's something to worry about or can be safely ignored.
Gray is not a concern. Just means the module didn’t report its status. Try doing a fresh network scan and see if it goes green.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Gray is not a concern. Just means the module didn’t report its status. Try doing a fresh network scan and see if it goes green.
Edit/Update:

This is what my "about" menu shows and maybe explains why I got BC without any notifications. I'm going to go ahead an assume that the blank date means I get BC "until the end of time" after going through this song and dance!

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_0470

It turned green on my final scan and I'm now 100% up to date! Oddly enough, my Blue Cruise says "Activation Pending" on the Ford connected services page, and I've received no emails or anything and didn't see anything unusual in the menus so I took it out for a test drive and figured I'd see if the lane keeping assist had improved.

I hit the button and suddenly the dash lit up and I was officially Blue Cruising!

I need to try the ForScan updates for cameras at speed since that's not working, and as someone above mentioned, my PRB up/down works fine but the approach detection either isn't as sensitive or isn't working.

Before they were frankly too sensitive and whenever I'd lock the truck they'd stow and then immediately re-deploy since I was still near the truck.

Overall super happy this all worked, and really appreciate all the gurus sharing their wisdom!
Sponsored

Last edited: