• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Im not fully following hi situation. If it wont update. Look at @Whoskyle . He left his usb in for a month or something. It finally kicked in. THe dealer is waiting 5 mins and goes oh bad apim. It wont fix it and it will just make it worse. THey wont finish a PMI they wont get you anywhere.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Out of pure curiosity, does anyone have any data in the url sections? This is the bezel diagnostics/ECG/Ford Cloud Provisioning

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 9C27DFDE-1842-4AAA-8BD2-2294F5CEA837

Bigwillokc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
Is there anyone here in Oklahoma City area that has a Mongoose? I bricked my CCM with the vxnano. I knew to avoid that module but wasn’t aware that the IPMA update also included CCM. I thought I ordered one on Amazon but I ended up getting the Toyota version and there are none to be found anywhere for ford right now. I’ll come to you and buy you lunch while we wait for it to program!!!

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Im not fully following hi situation. If it wont update. Look at @Whoskyle . He left his usb in for a month or something. It finally kicked in. THe dealer is waiting 5 mins and goes oh bad apim. It wont fix it and it will just make it worse. THey wont finish a PMI they wont get you anywhere.
I agree. Mine was replaced and it did nothing other than give me a sync version on my about screen. To top it off, my dealer is installing one on some big wig's truck and doesn't get the hint. Didn't work for mine, aint gonna work for his.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is there anyone here in Oklahoma City area that has a Mongoose? I bricked my CCM with the vxnano. I knew to avoid that module but wasn’t aware that the IPMA update also included CCM. I thought I ordered one on Amazon but I ended up getting the Toyota version and there are none to be found anywhere for ford right now. I’ll come to you and buy you lunch while we wait for it to program!!!
If you wanna ship the CCM Ill fix it. Easy to take out from the front

Sponsored

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Wow, great video. Thank you for putting that together for us.

Question - Could I do the same thing with the Nano for getting the 1.7.1 unstuck? I'm optimistically waiting for my dealer appointment on Monday, but want to make sure I have a solid plan B and the Nano price is much more appealing than the Mongoose.
I'm not sure. This procedure doesn't immediately impact the CCM which is where I believe the Nano runs into problems. However, before I did the first APIM update, FDRS wanted to update CCM so I would imagine FDRS will try and kick that off once you complete the TSB. You can hit "cancel" on a particular update (you have to do it once for each module in the "dependency chain") and could theoretically just update the APIM and GWM and then hope that all the other goodies come down over the air, but I have no way to know for sure having just used the Mongoose.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Haven seen anything directly connected... Mentioned earlier that we used FDRS to update my 2021 Job 1 Platinum. Bluecruise, cameras at speed, Tremor camera function all working.

Now I have a recall notice for the TRM software. If I use FDRS to update TRM module... will the recall clear or do I still have to take it in? And since the TRM can be updated via OTA why does Ford do a "recall" instead of just pushing out via OTA? Isn't this what OTA was all about?

Last edited:

Bigwillokc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
Thank you for the offer, but I was actually finally able to find a Mongoose for Ford online and got it ordered. Apparently there is a new version called the Mongoose Pro. I will have it early next week. until then i just have to keep hitting OK on my collision assist warning lol

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Haven seen anything directly connected... Mentioned earlier that we used FDRS to update my 2021 Job 1 Platinum. Bluecruise, cameras at speed, Tremor camera function all working.

Now I have a recall notice for the TRM software. If I use FDRS to update TRM module... will the recall clear or do still have to take it in? And since the TRM can be updated via OTA why does Ford do a "recall" instead of just pushing out via OTA? Isn't this what OTA was all about?
I’ve been wondering the same thing regarding if applying the update would clear the Recall Notice without additional action.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

Now I have a recall notice for the TRM software. If I use FDRS to update TRM module... will the recall clear or do still have to take it in? And since the TRM can be updated via OTA why does Ford do a "recall" instead of just pushing out via OTA? Isn't this what OTA was all about?
I am assuming that pushing an update like this is EXACTLY what OTA was designed for. And think of the potential co$t savings to Ford in the future when they get it to work.

Alas, I think they delayed addressing this trailer brake issue as long as they could afford to, but now have decided they must get it to the trucks now.

All conjecture on my part, of course

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
I am assuming that pushing an update like this is EXACTLY what OTA was designed for. And think of the potential co$t savings to Ford in the future when they get it to work.

Alas, I think they delayed addressing this trailer brake issue as long as they could afford to, but now have decided they must get it to the trucks now.

I have been thinking the same things. But "get it to the trucks now" has OTA written all over it. Service departments around Austin have multi-week waits. Clearly there is something not disclosed here as the Ford savings for an OTA update are huge. They WOULD NOT PASS ON THOSE $$$ unless more $$$$$$$ are at risk by using OTA.

And we may never know what those risks were. But their actuaries have done the math.. be certain of that.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Thank you for the offer, but I was actually finally able to find a Mongoose for Ford online and got it ordered. Apparently there is a new version called the Mongoose Pro. I will have it early next week. until then i just have to keep hitting OK on my collision assist warning lol
Nooooooo! The Pro is the old version that Drew Tech made before they were acquired by Opus.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Now I have a recall notice for the TRM software. If I use FDRS to update TRM module... will the recall clear or do I still have to take it in? And since the TRM can be updated via OTA why does Ford do a "recall" instead of just pushing out via OTA? Isn't this what OTA was all about?
Keep in mind that, although the recall notice is out, the software is not. If you install any TRM software you find now, it’s likely the February release that addressed a different issue—not the recall.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I can think of some pretty good reasons why Ford isn’t using the OTA mechanism to push out recall software for the TRM. The OTA mechanism isn’t reliable yet, this is a recall for a safety issue, and the government (NHTSA) is monitoring the roll-out. So, at least for now, Ford might have concluded that it doesn’t have a choice but to use the traditional dealer network to verify that the work has been done.

Unfortunately, that mechanism is proving unreliable as well.
Sponsored