• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Try “reader view” this works on many paywall sites. I’m using iPad I choose reader view and can read article.
Ford F-150 Lightning Article: Jim Farley Tries to Reinvent Ford With F-150 Lightning and Catch Up to Tesla CAFCD3D1-50CC-4F33-86A4-E8717A727683

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes

Sponsored

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe
“From a standing stop, the 4,000-pound truck surged forward. “Four seconds,” he shouted when it reached 60 miles per hour.”

Can we call this an official 0-60 time?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Not much here, for those who don't want to do a workaround to read the article. Some notable lines:

Yet the Ford truck team’s first estimate for how many Lightnings it might sell was a paltry 20,000 a year. In part because of his team’s lowball estimate for Lightning sales, Mr. Farley, who became chief executive in December 2020, said he was increasingly convinced that Ford needed to transform itself.
“As an automotive company, we’ve been trained to put vehicles out when they’re perfect,” he said. “But with software, you can change it with over-the-air updates. Our quality system isn’t used to this software orientation.”

Mr. Farley said it was so critical for Ford to beef up its software chops that he spent months recruiting one of the top names in auto technology, Doug Field, who has held senior positions at Tesla and Apple.

Computer chips are a big concern. A shortage has been disrupting auto production around the world for more than a year, and outside the Dearborn Truck Plant a few hundred gasoline-powered F-150 trucks are parked and waiting for a minor but crucial component — the device that controls their automatic windshield wipers is delayed for the want of chips.
Mr. Farley took an hourlong tour of the Lightning assembly line [... At a section of the production line, ] [...] Bill Dorley, the box team leader , told Mr. Farley that his crew was practically ready to go. “We just need parts,” he said.
Just outside that section of the plant, heavy earth-moving machines were demolishing the concrete walls and floors of a building that was built in the 1930s to produce the Ford Model A. That space will allow the company to expand Lightning production.

He added that Ford planned to start making the motors and axles for its electric vehicles, rather than buying them from suppliers. “So our own plants are going to be very busy,” he said.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
“From a standing stop, the 4,000-pound truck surged forward. “Four seconds,” he shouted when it reached 60 miles per hour.”

Noticed this, too. It will be faster than my I-Pace if true.

Was this with the 1000 pound payload that everyone talks about? I bet it will go 0-60 in 2.0 without it ;).

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep

4,000 Pounds? They can't get the weight even close to correct, not sure 4 seconds is official. Ha!

Sponsored

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe
Noticed this, too. It will be faster than my I-Pace if true.

Was this with the 1000 pound payload that everyone talks about? I bet it will go 0-60 in 2.0 without it ;).
Drop it a couple inches with lighter wheels and stickier tires. Send it!

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
NYT...all the news that's fit to print...how the mighty have fallen.