• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford canceled my reservation.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Ford or the dealer I had a reservation through has never called me either, even to this day
Dealer contacted me, or more correctly, replied to my email inquiry. Stated 35/25, 2023 delivery. I'm not going to be checking my Ford account for a delivery next year. It is totally on Ford and dealer to contact customer. Especially when taking a reservation a year ahead.

Got the refund which was from the Ford dealer who never emailed, never called.

We all know how aggressive car dealers are on sales if you just inquire about a car or take a test drive. Constant calls and emails. Idea of not emailing or calling on the F150 reservation means that they were going to make more money by getting their allocated F150 free of a reservation to a preferred non-reservation customer who will likely pay a premium. Royal scam.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Again, what you are saying, diverges from the facts.
No. Ford dealers get a "preferred customer" allocation of F150 Lightnings, a percent of their total allocation which is not connected to a reservation. It was this line jumping that was subject to a lot of dicussion here (and why I made the Rivian reservation).

That and the entire dealer's choice issue where it made no difference when your reservation was made, only where you fit in the dealers allocation. We had people jumping around trying to find a dealer who could deliver earlier.

If Damerow Ford had a 25 allocation, then five of them were eligible for non-reservation and a markup. I guess they have six now.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
No. Ford dealers get a "preferred customer" allocation of F150 Lightnings, a percent of their total allocation which is not connected to a reservation. It was this line jumping that was subject to a lot of dicussion here (and why I made the Rivian reservation).

Thats simply not true. You keep digging.

It has been clearly articulated that each "preferred customer" needed a reservation. We discussed this ad nauseum here and obviously you'd rather just make stuff up.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If Damerow Ford had a 25 allocation, then five of them were eligible for non-reservation and a markup. I guess they have six now.
Honestly if I was the dealer I'd be hoping you'd cancel so I didn't have to deal with you as a customer. You seem to ignore the facts and try to make up your own. You seem to be the type of person who is never happy..no matter what.

It makes sense to me why the dealer wouldn't want to retain you as a customer when they could sell to someone else who will be less of a PITA. Good for them.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning

That and the entire dealer's choice issue where it made no difference when your reservation was made, only where you fit in the dealers allocation. We had people jumping around trying to find a dealer who could deliver earlier.

Dude, This is false. All "preferred customers" still had to have a reservation. I know this because I was a "preferred customer" who was pulled to #1 spot at my dealership. My dealer based it on past sales and service records. Dealer informed me ford was allowing them to pull up long time loyal customers. I think I was actually 7th or 8th on their list to begin with. I only made #1 because #2 had just purchased a Mach-E and they wanted to let someone else get an EV.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Honestly if I was the dealer I'd be hoping you'd cancel so I didn't have to deal with you as a customer. You seem to ignore the facts and try to make up your own. You seem to be the type of person who is never happy..no matter what.

It makes sense to me why the dealer wouldn't want to retain you as a customer when they could sell to someone else who will be less of a PITA. Good for them.
Well said!

Even after I posted asking if the OP can check a past text or spam email from Ford, he glossed over my advice - started blaming Ford and saying great things about Rivian.

Sounds like a troll post from the very start!

BTW: When my order invite appeared - it was NOT my dealer contacting me. Ford texted AND emailed me to place my order.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford canceled my reservation. Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 8.15.45 AM

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I think I found the best way to handle this thread:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered

I wonder how much of Rivian's 80% fall in stock price is due to general ineptitude, and how much is due to @EaglesPDX wanting to become a customer. With 83,000 reservations at the end of 2021 and production rate of 2,500 per quarter, one has to assume that @EaglesPDX will be complaining for many years to come.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well said!

Even after I posted asking if the OP can check a past text or spam email from Ford, he glossed over my advice - started blaming Ford and saying great things about Rivian.

Sounds like a troll post from the very start!

BTW: When my order invite appeared - it was NOT my dealer contacting me. Ford texted AND emailed me to place my order.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 8.15.45 AM.png

I got a false invite to order due to a "glitch" (at least thats what Ford says) but I've managed to let it go. Life's to short to get pissy over every damn thing. LOL....I'm saving my outrage for a truly worthy moment/situation....

Now off to watch "Falling Down"

Signed,
D-FENS

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder how much of Rivian's 80% fall in stock price is due to general ineptitude, and how much is due to @EaglesPDX wanting to become a customer. With 83,000 reservations at the end of 2021 and production rate of 2,500 per quarter, one has to assume that @EaglesPDX will be complaining for many years to come.

Don't get me wrong..I love Rivian and am impressed with their product. Its a great lifestyle truck that has been getting rave reviews. Seems high quality and well thought out.(I have a reservation for one).

However, Its ludicrous to think that Riviancan scale production as quickly as Ford can. Its just not gonna happen. So when Eagles started talking about how great Rivian was going to deliver quickly any shred of credibility left went out the window....

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Don't get me wrong..I love Rivian and am impressed with their product. Its a great lifestyle truck that has been getting rave reviews. Seems high quality and well thought out.(I have a reservation for one).
I got to see a Rivian up close two weeks ago at a EA charging station, It seems nice. It seemed nice after 2 weeks on the road, but you can't really tell quality until it's been around for about 5 years (IMO).

However, Its ludicrous to think that Riviancan scale production as quickly as Ford can. Its just not gonna happen. So when Eagles started talking about how great Rivian was going to deliver quickly any shred of credibility left went out the window....
For comparison, it took Tesla years to scale up, and they were doing it before supply chain went pear-shaped.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Rivian should be a great vehicle , good luck and see you on the road.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
However, Its ludicrous to think that Riviancan scale production as quickly as Ford can.
Current production numbers seem to prove that wrong especially at the 75,000 level. Ford at 200,000 level maybe but Rivian is building second plant in GA for that. ‘23 looks like a good bet based on current Rivian production and deliveries. Goes to ‘24 I’m fine.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Several threads on it here if you are interested.
We've all read those posts. I think you misunderstood them. Dealers cannot give a random customer a priority order at this point for at least 2 reasons.

1) The documents sent by Ford to the dealers confirmed only reservation holders can be prioritized. The documents were then posted online where you can easily view them. Multiple people posted on this website about how the ordering process works, including people who work for dealerships.

2) The prioritization process had a deadline way back in December. Dealers can no longer just pick customers and allow them to order since the deadline has passed.

I do agree with you though that Ford permitted some serious shenanigans with their ordering process. Although some here will disagree, a whole bunch of people on this forum wish Ford had not permitted dealers to prioritize customers.
Sponsored