• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll: A lot theories on why we aren’t seeing shipments ⚡️

Reason for delayed shipping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Take the poll. Why aren’t the produced trucks in our driveways?
Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I don’t think it’s any of those. I think that Ford used the media drives as a big final QC event and waited to see if any problems got reported hardware-wise. A few problems were reported with one pedal driving and off-road throttle mapping, but those are software fixes. Ford can now ship the trucks out and hold them at the dealership if necessary for a last minute OTA update before customers get them.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I don’t think it’s any of those. I think that Ford used the media drives as a big final QC event and waited to see if any problems got reported hardware-wise. A few problems were reported with one pedal driving and off-road throttle mapping, but those are software fixes. Ford can now ship the trucks out and hold them at the dealership if necessary for a last minute OTA update before customers get them.
That makes a lot of sense IMO. Get the trucks into the hands of regular people and use them as a final test of what works and what does not. We saw that one of the trucks had nag ware running to tell the driver to not accelerate so hard and brake so hard, then they killed that with an immediate OTA.

I am pretty certain Ford wants those first deliveries to come off with perfect polish.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I hope you're right and there are some indication from those that attended the big event that they will truly start shipments this week. Fingers crossed...

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I think the media trial was a final QC event. Also think Ford wants to test OTA updates with a large test bed. Need to stage a lot of vehicles and see how they handle it. I would wager that those vehicles that are staged are at different levels of charge, performing different tasks and being hit with OTA update to see how it performs.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hard to truly know, but they have protected this truck way too well to have a chip shortage. The one that is rumored for the Lightning is not one I'd heard of for the ICE, so I'm not truly buying that story, they would be shorting the ICE and pushing to the Lightning. It is also hard to see the driving issues reported from the media drivers had not been worked out for the thousands and thousands of miles from their own engineer and quality drivers have put on them. To say the least while I have some doubt about their OTA updates from 2021 ICE trucks, Mach E owners say it works and they've received them.

So hard for me to truly put my finger on one item, so I'm going to put money on they start moving to dealers Monday or Tuesday.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Hard to truly know, but they have protected this truck way too well to have a chip shortage. The one that is rumored for the Lightning is not one I'd heard of for the ICE, so I'm not truly buying that story, they would be shorting the ICE and pushing to the Lightning. It is also hard to see the driving issues reported from the media drivers had not been worked out for the thousands and thousands of miles from their own engineer and quality drivers have put on them. To say the least while I have some doubt about their OTA updates from 2021 ICE trucks, Mach E owners say it works and they've received them.

So hard for me to truly put my finger on one item, so I'm going to put money on they start moving to dealers Monday or Tuesday.
Really hope we start seeing movement this week. My truck gets built this week and I'm hoping to get it before July.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It's simple. F-150L buyers have not waited long enough yet, as compared to Mach-E buyers...

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Reactions: GDN

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing

Our MachE has received OTA, but BlueCruise which was in our FE and supposed to be OTA'd and in service Summer to early Fall of 21 is yet to be deployed. I do see a lot more movement recently on Software though. Ford could hold back Production to extend Tax Credit longer but more likely some thorough QA checks. F150 is very important to Ford whether ICE, Hybrid or BEV. They need to get this as right as possible.

OP
OP
Labs4Lightning

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I looked up those vins and orders and if this is correct they don't have them yet.

1652616316671.png
\

1652616486912.png
Some of those also only have recent build dates. Some of us have been produce for 2-3 now going on 4 weeks this week. now It boils down to order shipped. Fresh off the line (LIFO) OR first built (FIFO)

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
A few problems were reported with one pedal driving and off-road throttle mapping, but those are software fixes

Those aren't problems/issues that's just how the ford's are. Same characteristics as Mach-e. And both those are fairly niche complaints.
Sponsored