• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who Else Has Canceled Their Lightning Order

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’d probably hold it but i agree that 7 days in could be a 2024 model. There are going to be other options by 2024. I’m holding my Silverado EV reservation even though i have an order in on the Lightning. You never know what their offering will look like. I may be able to sell the Lightning for a better performing Silverado in 2024.
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I understand the frustration, but next year's production is expected to be 150,000 trucks, so your number will likely be rolling out sooner than you think.

Mine isn't scheduled for production until August, which means people will be ordering the 23s before I get mine because the 23 orders will be opening in the fall.

One thing I can say is that Ford's fully committed to EVs, so production capacity will grow very quickly.
If you pay attention to the way they’ve worded the numbers they have only said they will have *capacity* to make 150k by the beginning of 2024. They still haven’t said anything but 80k for next year, and that’s capacity not planned production. 80k should be the max expected production for 2023my and most of that will be in the second half of the year. At best, someone with a 7th day reservation can probably expect a late 2023 truck. If they are in a non-EV state, probably 2024.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Everyone's dynamics are unique, if I were in immediate need of a replacement vehicle, which I planned to make full use of ie. 5-10 years of service, I'd be wasting my time leaving the 100 bucks hanging.

For those with much shorter timelines and lesser expectations, it also makes sense to hang in there.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Well I could see the writing on the wall and canceled my reservation with Ford yesterday. :(
Your thread title is misleading because you had a reservation not an order.

That said, it seems counterproductive to cancel the reservation if you're truly interested in getting an electric truck--$100 is peanuts relative to the cost of any Lightning trim and the Lightning reservation was going to be your quickest way into a new electric truck of any make.

You're also going to be waiting a while for any consumer vehicles with SSB packs. It's certainly not going to be in the Gen2 Lightning. We're not even seeing them in phones or laptops yet and I doubt they're going to be widely available in light vehicles until 2030. Toyota has been the most vocal proponent of SSBs and I honestly think they were using it to cover up for their late, weak entry into the BEV market (i.e. they didn't feel the need to develop EVs using current lithium technology because they wanted to wait for SSBs).

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
If you pay attention to the way they’ve worded the numbers they have only said they will have *capacity* to make 150k by the beginning of 2024. They still haven’t said anything but 80k for next year, and that’s capacity not planned production. 80k should be the max expected production for 2023my and most of that will be in the second half of the year. At best, someone with a 7th day reservation can probably expect a late 2023 truck. If they are in a non-EV state, probably 2024.
I agree completely, but it’s a brand new factory and when I toured the factory last month they said they’re going to double the size of the building itself by next year so other than parts shortages, they will definitely have a lot more capacity.

A bigger factor is the dealer you chose. I know for sure the dealer near me will get tons of them, but if I chose the dealer 15 miles from me, I’d be out of luck, regardless of when I reserved. That dealer will only get 3. I actually like that dealer and asked them if it would be okay to move my reservation and they said it wouldn’t change the fact that they only get 3 and all 3 were spoken for.

I’m 100% sure my dealer will have a bunch on their lots as inventory by the end of the year, and I’m sure there will be others. They’ll probably mark up the price as much as they can, but they will definitely have some on the lot, where anyone, reservation or not, can buy one this year.

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Don't put your hope on solid state battery technology, it is far away...

But, wait for 2nd gen F150 Lightning is a good idea.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
🤔 I understand... sort of. OP wants the latest and greatest at time of delivery. I doubt it's the issue of the $100 as there's $150K in newer vehicles in their garage. Love the Miata BTW! If 520km's of range isn't enough or 15-80% charge capability in 40 minutes is too inconvenient or you are concerned the battery will need replacing after 300,000 kms or 15 yrs (which is unknown/unlikely) OK. Otherwise, I think the OP may be shooting themselves in the foot and have regret later. The order call would likely come sooner than one thinks. $100 is cheap insurance that's refundable later.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Camry
I agree completely, but it’s a brand new factory and when I toured the factory last month they said they’re going to double the size of the building itself by next year so other than parts shortages, they will definitely have a lot more capacity.

A bigger factor is the dealer you chose. I know for sure the dealer near me will get tons of them, but if I chose the dealer 15 miles from me, I’d be out of luck, regardless of when I reserved. That dealer will only get 3. I actually like that dealer and asked them if it would be okay to move my reservation and they said it wouldn’t change the fact that they only get 3 and all 3 were spoken for.

I’m 100% sure my dealer will have a bunch on their lots as inventory by the end of the year, and I’m sure there will be others. They’ll probably mark up the price as much as they can, but they will definitely have some on the lot, where anyone, reservation or not, can buy one this year.
Is there a way to ascertain how many a given dealer will get? I'm 10th on the list at my dealer, who only got 1 lightning for 2022MY. If there's no chance they'll get to 10 I might want to change dealerships myself...

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Is there a way to ascertain how many a given dealer will get? I'm 10th on the list at my dealer, who only got 1 lightning for 2022MY. If there's no chance they'll get to 10 I might want to change dealerships myself...
No guaranteed way. If they’ve only gotten one invite to order so far chances are very slim for a 22my as they do clean ups or one of the first quarter 2023 imo.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2020 LexusRX350; 2021 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
It is not the $100 fee to hold the reservation.

I was hoping for a little more range, don't forget, in the winter temps that range will be noticeably less.

I just figured that is was looking like a couple of model years out and decided to step back and see where things are in 2 or 3 years. When I do make my move it will be a Ford though.

I love what I am seeing in the Lightning and envy the early birds but I was late finding out about the reservation process so here I am...

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
It is not the $100 fee to hold the reservation.

I was hoping for a little more range, don't forget, in the winter temps that range will be noticeably less.

I just figured that is was looking like a couple of model years out and decided to step back and see where things are in 2 or 3 years. When I do make my move it will be a Ford though.

I love what I am seeing in the Lightning and envy the early birds but I was late finding out about the reservation process so here I am...
At the very least, you could have held it then sold it for a profit. :)

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name